Sponsor me!
Well, I found out today that I am officially registered for the MS150 ride next weekend, so it's probably about time I start my fundraising efforts, eh?

The MS150 is a charity bike ride from Houston to Austin that takes place over the weekend of April 22nd and 23rd, that raises funds to help people living with MS. Multiple sclerosis (MS) usually strikes adults in the prime of life – between the ages of 20 and 50. It is a chronic disease of the central nervous system affecting the brain and spinal cord.

Each week, the symptoms of MS are diagnosed in 200 Americans. A new case is identified every hour. Approximately 400,000 Americans are living with multiple sclerosis. Counting family members and caregivers, MS affects more than 2 million Americans. The National MS Society estimates that multiple sclerosis affects approximately 3 million people worldwide.

If you are able, please consider helping in my fight to raise awareness of this disease and funds for the fight against it. Contributions can be made at this secure webpage.

1 Comments:

Blogger DAFischer said...

Awesome! You are so going to enjoy it. It's crazy the amount of people who ride in this event. I haven't really been training, but I managed to ride 42 miles today... I'm hoping that will get me through the ride... however painfully :o) See you guys soon.

posted at 10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home