Blog updates, weekend trip plans, etc.
A couple things. You'll note that on the right of your screen there is now an up-to-the minute (well, updated every five minutes) picture of the current conditions in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I intend to keep that image there indefinitely. Many thanks to Steamboat Weather; the site owner graciously agreed that it wouldn't be too egregiously offensive for me to link to his site. Clicking on the image should take you to that site.

Also, I am looking in to a way to differentiate my and Dana's posts on the site. I've determined HOW to do this, but haven't yet figured out how to make it look good. So, at some point in the future, this will happen. I have in mind something simple (we get different background colors), but don't have the time to futz with the CSS right now. Perhaps if I get bored later. (but oh, crap - I have to pack).

WRT our trip this weekend, I have contacted a number of property owners and we'll be looking at a number of places. Rest assured, when we find one we'll be posting images about it. Most of the blogging this weekend will likely be of the cellphone variety, but we're bringing the real camera along as well and should have tons of pics upon our return. One of the properties we're looking at is a brand new duplex situated pretty much exactly between the mountain and the town. Ideally we'd prefer to be right in the old part of town, but we'll see - there's only so much up for offer, and a lot of places that appeared in the paper Sunday are already gone. So we'll get what we get (but this place is looking promising). Rest assured, also, that we plan on having a guest room (and a bed for you - so only if a group larger than 2 comes will we need to break out the inflatable mattress!).

What else?
Ah, yes. The "blast off" image that goes along with this post is for D. I made her spit cheerios through her nose this morning. I guess she has the giggles (a case of "the Fridays?") - she commented on how my NASA coffee mug is the "coolest mug ever", to which I said, "Yeah. But no. It's almost the coolest mug ever. It really should say "BLAST OFF".

I guess it's one of those "have to be there" moments. Oh well.

One more thing. According to the Pilot there's a professional kayak competition in SBS this weekend (Monday, maybe?). I'll get some pics of that as well.

See you all in Steamboat!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Can't wait to read all about it! :)

posted at 10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also neglected to say how that mug was almost the Awesomeist Valentine's Day present ever. I shoulda just painted BLAST OFF! on the side of it.

posted at 12:25 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

I believe I said that it was the awesomest VDay present ever when I received it. Just for the record.

Though I can't seem to find it.. Hrm. I blame the Cylons. Fracking toasters.

posted at 12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home