Case of the Mondays
So it figures that soon after I give Hutch crap for never posting, I go about a week sans post. My bad.

But I *WAS* sick most of last week, and it's still lingering, so at least I have some excuse.

The MS150 was a blast (my few pictures suck, but Keri's will come soon enough, and Karen, I'm still trying to think of a story for you). The next day, even though that's when the sickness began, it was all I could do to not get on the bike. But I struggled through work on Monday anyway, and took Tuesday and Wednesday off. I basically lived in my recliner last week. Lots of good stuff on Discovery and the National Geographic channel, thankfully.

So, about all I got accomplished last week was to take of my bike pedals and chain for some deep cleaning, and a nice wipe-down of my dirty, dirty ride. As if you care, I did remove a link from the chain to replace with an SRAM powerlink, because I hate cleaning and lubing my chain while it's still on the bike, and breaking the chain every time I want to clean it is not only a PITA, but also an easy way to weaken lots of links. Plus, I had it lying around, so I didn't even have to special order it! A benefit of being a bike-part pack-rat.

Dana did some (GASP) shopping on Saturday after we made a quick run to Target (Target wore me out - I have just had no energy as a result of this cold), and we decided that it's time for me to get new shoes and a new pedal system for the bike. I knew there would be nothing Dana could say against this, since she got new cycling shoes about two months ago and has used them all of once, and I've needed new ones for a while. So that's going to happen soon. Besides, my old pedals are really gritty and not rotating smoothly anymore. Definitely time for replacements.

A note about Dana's (missing) blog. She has taken it down. I'd go in to a long talk about it, but we'll probably put a new one up eventually that has some kind of non-obnoxious protection. Probably a simple password, but I won't make you remember, I'll hook it up so it shits out a cookie for your browser if you enter the password once (or maybe just send y'all a direct link). But that probably won't happen for a while. Here's a quick explanation from Dana about her blog going down at Pablo's blog.

Also, I must sadly report that you should avoid going to see Silent Hill. The movie just tried to be too many things. Instead of just going for the creepy psychological horror movie (that the game is), it was that, plus the "gory horror" that seems to be so much in vogue lately, and then threw in some psycho-religious quackery for bad measure. Dana thinks they were also going for the "scary child" horror sub-genre as well. Sadly, a failure. But it was good to see Pyramid Head make an appearance. And he did skin someone alive, which was pretty sweet. But he would never be so showy in the games - he's just cut you in half with that ginormous rusty sword of his. And one final note: the creepy nurses made me think of Keri, who I believe graduates this weekend. Congrats, Keri! Don't be a creepy nurse!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too busy running 18 and 20 milers (and recovering from them) to get on the bike right now! The shoes will get nice and broken in after the Fargo Marathon!

posted at 12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home