Moving, etc.

Well, D and I are still on the hunt for a place to live in Steamboat (hereafter referred to as SBS) and some movers. As I believe I said before, so far I'm pretty happy with one moving company, we have one more coming today for an estimate, and I have one more to reschedule before we make a final determination.

Also, I've been keeping a close eye on the Classifieds in the SBS paper (Pilot) for rentals, but half the ones I see are either available now or out of town - two less-than-ideal options. I have seen a couple that sound perfect - rental home, good part of town, definitely big enough, for the right price - but the one I called about is available next week.

There is another one that I've contacted our Real Estate guy about, and will probably call them later today - it actually has one MORE bedroom than we've been looking for (workout room, anyone?), and is available July 1st. The good thing is, it's also priced right and in a nice neighborhood (and sounds like it's got all the right amenities); the bad thing is, it's in the paper now, which means it might no longer be available by the time we go to look at it. And I'd hate to rent a place sigt-unseen, but if it sounds worthwhile maybe our Real Estate guy can check it out for us....

Anyway, just wanted to make sure everyone was up-to-date. Gotta work now!

(one more thing!) According to reports I read yesterday, Kerry Wood might be ready to be called back up in a little over two weeks. Let's hope so! But what we really need is a hitting streak. Where have our bats been?

Go Cubbies!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff!

posted at 9:00 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I can't call it SBS cuz that's my high school. Takes away from the beauty of Steamboat for me.

posted at 2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home