Oh, also...
All of this pent up stuff that I haven't made mention of since I last posted...

Scott is now back on the blogroll, and I decided to be nice so Hutch is off suspension (but seriously, dude - POST!). And with great sadness I removed Dana from the blogroll, but I'm confident it's only a temporary move.

I'm sure I'll think of more things throughout the day...

Oh yeah! Two movers came out last week to give us estimates (I had to cancel two other appointments), and I'm feeling very good about Graebel movers, so I think we'll go with them. They're a VERY large private company (meaning: they won't farm out our work to another carrier, like some of the affiliated companies - Atlas, United, Mayflower, etc - do), and their headquarters are in Denver. AND, they can guarantee delivery in a 5-day window of our choosing (much better than the "2-12 day window" we got from the other movers I spoke with). We're not a priority move because our load is so small (relatively), so anyone else just throws us on a truck to fill up someone else's move, so we're at the whim of their schedule. Which sucks.

Anyway, it's looking like Graebel, but I'll probably go through the motions with the other two movers this week to get my full comparison on. And our real estate guy in Steamboat is on the move trying to hook us up with a place. He said he's "working on" a 3-bedroom place for us that sounds like a new remodel. 3 bedrooms = 1 master, 1 full-time office for me, and 1 full-time guest bedroom. We know y'all are coming and want to be prepared. There's also a 2-car garage (more likely a 1-car, 5-7 bike garage), so Hutch will have a place to stay when he visits.

More updates as they're available. If you want to follow the thread about our move at MovingScam.com, be my guest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

Do you think we could guess hutchs password to his blog and then just posting for him? I am sure it would be hell of a good time.

posted at 2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I keep the GTI in your garage?! :)

posted at 9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home