To do: less slacking
Not necessarily that I've been slacking, but Dana sure has been in getting a post up (though to her credit, we've been pretty dang busy and I have been keeping her up late at night).

Anyway, We have a lot to do before we leave for Steamboat on Friday night (like, I have to call about a dozen places about walkthroughs, call the movers, start getting lists of utilities together, both in SBS and Houston, etc), not to mention all the stuff that's going to rain down on us after we get back (trying to hang out with friends more before we leave, pack, move, utility switches, money, bills, new bank account setup, work address changes, all that jazz), and then MOVE and un-do everything we've done.

So I started a list earlier this week. I already spoke with our real estate guy who is setting us up with some dude who is closing on a new place next week (as in, new construction, sounds like a townhouse) about possibly renting that place... I just got off the phone with a DSL provider in the area who obviously can't talk to me about coverage until after we have a new address.. I should probably call the IRS about our refund (which would really come in handy BEFORE we get to SBS but I'm not counting on it due to malfeasance on my part w/r/t taxes from 2001).. Basically, it's hair-pulling-out-time. And we can't really get anything rolling until AFTER we sign a place in Steamboat this weekend.

Oh, the pic at the top of the post is from my new favorite website, Steamboat Weather. I actually just contacted the webmaster to see about including their webcam shot (updated every five minutes) on my blog. We'll see.

Anyway, lots and lots to do.

Last night, we had Amy and Daniel over to watch the 24 season finale. I made some wicked good Mac and Cheese recipe from Cooking Light that was a success when I made it for D a couple of months ago. SO YUMMY.

Anyway, I have to get to work (and phone calls to SBS!), but I'll try to check in again later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

What is this Cooking Light thing you speak of so much?

posted at 10:32 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

It's a magazine

posted at 12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe... yea, less slacking is def a good thing!

New job isn't making it easy to keep up with everything though, I'll tell you that much!

posted at 1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home