Weekend Update
What a weekend. Highlights:

Hutch and Dana finished the marathon together (go Hutch!) at 4:20:01 - they both got exactly the same time. BUT, D's foot must have crossed just ahead of Hutch, as she was listed as finishing before him. Go Dana!

It was really great to see Hutch finish with Dana, and not limping. The last two times I've seen him run he spent the last several miles doing some kind of crazy limp-jog but not this time! He pushed it all the way until the end. Awesome. I'll let D post about the Marathon itself (it was COLD, it rained at the beginning, and was really WINDY), but we had a great time.

Afterwards we went to D's P's really quick for some lunch (and showers for D and Hutch), and then hopped in the car for the quick drive to her folks' place in Detroit Lakes, MN for some R&R. We were all pretty exhausted, but we were fed like royalty (I was going to make a "queen" joke at Hutch's expense but decided to be nice instead), and fed just enough beer to put us nicely to sleep after spending a beautiful, if cold, night out by the fire.

My allergies really flared up for some reason too. I think that my body has gotten used to the humid Houston air and the dry air in Fargo really played hell with me. Remind me to get some stronger allergy meds for our trip to Steamboat this coming weekend.

Speaking of which, D and I have a lot to do between now and when we leave Friday afternoon, so I should get to work so I can get everything else done.

And CONGRATS to Keri for finishing nursing school and graduation yesterday! You should celebrate with a trip to Steamboat!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to D and Hutch and Keri!

posted at 11:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait for Dana's update! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

posted at 7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home