Casting

black-arm-cast
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
So one of the cool things about the end of my fellowship is that basically, for the last month, I get to choose what I want to do. And one of those things is practicing more casting. I spent this afternoon in the cast room, and got some good work done. They even let me bring home some materials, and Mark will be my lucky practice model this week. Good times!

As for this weekend, it was pretty damn fun. Friday night Mark and I just chilled out, stayed home and watched "Everything is Illuminated", starring Frodo. I wasn't looking forward to watching it, but we had had it for a while from Netflix, and Mark seemed insistent that it would be good. I really enjoyed it--not the most uplifting movie, but very interesting with some good bits of humor. Great Netflix pick-up.

Saturday we had a bunch of big plans, but after Daniel called in the morning to see if we wanted to meet him and Amy for lunch in Chinatown, those plans were pretty much scrapped. We did get the chance to run over and buy some boxes, and got a couple of those packed, and then we met them for lunch. Pho noodles--pretty yummy. Mark and I decided that it would make a perfect wintertime meal, and we should try and find a place we can order the ingredients online for shipment to Colorado. We spent the afternoon hanging out with Amy and Daniel (and I crashed on their couch for a while), and then their friends Brandon and Scott came over for dinner. Had a great time with everyone, but we collectively came up with a BRILLIANT IDEA to play asshole since none of us have played it since college and wouldn't that be a great fun game to play! In short, we went through a ridiculous amount of alcohol. I started taking miniscule sips from my beer after a while, since I wanted to be sure to get us home that night, and I realized once again I have the best husband in the world. He totally took one for the team when I broke one of the President's rules and therefore needed to do a tequila shot. Marky Mark came through big time when he downed it for me. He's the best.

Sunday was mostly spent recovering from Saturday.

But I did get some good studying in for my Sports Medicine Boards coming up at the end of July, and Mark did pack a few more boxes, so Sunday wasn't a total wash. We have tickets to the Cubs game tonight--and only 3 weeks left in Houston!!! Yea!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!
Good thing the game's over cuz there were a lot of proper names in that blog! LOL

posted at 3:01 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Dana forgot that we also saw DaVinci Code on Sunday (I liked it, don't know what the critics hated so much), and went bed shopping unsuccessfully.

Tonight: Cubs game!

posted at 3:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm.. which methods are you guys using to "test" the beds?!

As far as putting a cast on Mark - can it be a "Blogcast?! What we leave in the comments gets written on Mark's cast! Then he has to wear it out to a bar... lol

In fact... maybe we should set up an automated RSS comments feed and a robotic marker pen to do it all for us! BRILLIANT!

posted at 4:00 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

My comment would be, "I brake for fat chicks." or "Get well soon." with a fake signature of Emmanuel Lewis.

posted at 7:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pho is very yummy. There isn't a place in Cincinnati that has it so I've done the research online for how to make it before. It has many many ingredients, looks very complicated, and you have to make mass amounts. I'll be interested to hear how it goes if you guys do make it down the road. :-)

posted at 8:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home