WE HAVE INTERNETS
Yes, this is a picture I took from our deck last night. We decided to take a break from cleaning (we've been spending a good amount of time cleaning up the construction muck and dust from our brand new place), and opened up our last bottle of Silver Oak (thanks, JPO) and rinsed out a couple of our crystal glasses (all the china and crystal made it just fine, thanks) to enjoy the sunset over the mountains our deck overlook - and there's that picture.

Here's another pic from before the wine was poured. I'm going to wait until our real computer gets here so I can put the rest of the pictures up, album-style, for you to admire.

The internets got up and running today (like 30 minutes ago), and I was downstairs setting that stuff up while D was upstairs singing and playing guitar (Amy, she wanted me to tell you that Colorado makes her feel like playing guitar).

Oh, and a very happy birthday to Amy and my dad, both of whom turned thirty today. Unfortunately Amy's birthday wish was more powerful than my dad's and as a result the Cubs lost.

I feel dirty admitting it, but we spent over $300 at Wal-Mart yesterday, and over $200 at the grocery store today. Needed cleaning supplies, refrigerator staples, the same stuff everyone forgets about when they move into a new place.

Oh, and our showers rule. And the weather is awesome (even though it's raining right now - but it'll pass soon, I think).

Overall, things are great. The movers will get here Sunday, DirecTV gets here Monday (gotta get that working soon as the Tour begins soon).

D went on a run this morning, I hung out and scrubbed the kitchen spotless in anticipation of our millions of pounds of crap on the way to invade. We still have cleaning to do before we're ready for that, though. Right now I'm just kind of planning things out in my head.

But at least the internets are working! And Qwest had a surprise for me and told me we qualified for 5mb/800-somethingK, so we're all dialed in now. SPEED!

Until later (tomorrow?).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say! Those can NOT be cameraphone pics!!

AWESOME! I'm SO stoked for you guys! Saw the pics in my RSS feed before the entry! :)

Can't wait to see more!

posted at 7:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

posted at 6:43 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

What a view!! I have to say, I am jealous. Welcome home!

posted at 7:41 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Looks absoluetly beautiful!! I'm so excited Dana is playing guitar. Her number 1 fan and total groupie is quite pleased :)

posted at 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home