A week in the future...

Exactly one week from right now, Dana and I will be on the road somewhere between here and Steamboat. We still have a good amount to do before we can leave, but only so much time before they come to pick up our stuff - then we're here alone in the apartment with an inflatable mattress and clothes to last us a week. That's it.

Last night we didn't do a lick of packing (though throughout the day I did manage to pack a couple bike wheels and my axe in the large box we received the hitch in). So tonight I have to get the office and other stuff as close to done as possible. Thursday night we have a work "going-away" party for Dana so not much packing will probably get done then, and the movers still may be showing up on Friday - I should know for sure later today.

Last night I wasn't sleepy so I stayed up for a while after D went to bed and updated our address with credit cards, changed the automatic billing from our Houston bank to our Steamboat bank, and various things of that nature that can be completed online. Yesterday afternoon I transferred the bulk of our checking balance to the new bank, so I can start to pay our end-of-the-month bills from there this week, also.

Also before I went to bed, I decided to shave (it had probably been about a week since the last full shave). I was tired by this point and decided that it was time to audition a goatee (it's been a long time) so I shaved it, gave it a glance and told myself that if it didn't look any better by today I'd get rid of it.

This morning Dana's first words to me were "I don't like it" over laughter. I'll be keeping the goatee now, out of spite.

who are we kidding, no I won't.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I demand goatee pictures.

posted at 8:51 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Demand is an awfully convincing word. Here you go.

Picture one.
Picture two.
Picture three.

posted at 9:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look best in picture 3 :-)

posted at 10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have gone with the chin strap in picture 3.

posted at 10:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No good without an ACTUAL picture of you with your current goatee!

posted at 9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home