First Day

pgi0113
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
So thanks to all the well-wishers on my first day of work today! And a special thank you to my parents for the beautiful flowers--don't even have a computer on my desk yet, but it's nice to have some flowers on it!

It was a pretty good day, overall. Lisa came over this morning to install the connection to the office electronic medical records, and I spent most of the rest of the morning playing around with the system. Went into the office around noon, had my picture taken with Ron and Sheila for the upcoming newspaper ad, did some paperwork, and unpacked the box of books I took over there. My computer was supposed to have come in today, but it didn't, so I went home for a couple hours and then met up with Ron at the hospital again to go over some things. All in all, busy day, but very exciting!

Tomorrow starts with a 7 am meeting at the hospital, following by rounding on patients with Ron, so I can figure out how to chart here and do the billing and stuff that you never worry about in residency. I looked at my patient schedule for Thursday and it looks like they were nice enough to take it easy on me--and even better, my first patient is a 6 month old well child visit--I've missed little kids so much! The rest of the day looks like a bunch more well baby visits, a couple toddlers, a pre-Kindergarten visit, and a teenager with shoulder pain. Good times!

Oh--and here's how I know I finally "made it". When I was at the office today, I had to fax my marriage certificate to the national American Medical Association offices so they have my correct info on file. I asked the front desk girl/soon-to-be assistant office manager how I send a fax, and she just laughs at me and says, "Dana, you say "hey Steph, fax this for me, will ya?", as she's taking my paperwork. I love this office.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

Is Steph single/cute?!?!?

posted at 8:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Hutch really means is can you say 'Hey Steph, go on a date with Hutch'?

posted at 8:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! sounds like a fantastic place! Can't wait to hear more about it!

posted at 3:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home