OK, a real post also
I know we're behind on our status updates, and that you're all just dying to know how life is in Colorado.

Earlier this week, we went to get our new CO licenses (yay!!) - they gave us temp ones on paper and are mailing the real ones. I have a good feeling that my picture is going to be completely ridiculous. But what can one do.

It's been a struggle this week to catch up with the Tour on Tivo after work and avoiding the results of the stage, as people tend to email me as soon as it's over. It's been a really exciting week in the tour, though - I can't help but think that all the mountain stages are really what make the race worth watching. Personally, I've always liked Levi Leipheimer more than Landis, but it's exciting all the back-and-forth going on with Landis lately.

Today, I don't feel like I'm missing much, but tomorrow's time trial will be tour-deciding, that's for sure. Good thing it's Saturday! I guess Dana and I will have to put off our planned hike until after the stage is over.

So, tonight we're having our first guests (and their 2-year old), and there's a lot of work to be done before we're ready for them (cleaning and straightening up). Dana has a half-day today (well, she's scheduled until 2pm, so she'll probably get home about 3-ish if I'm lucky), and I still have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner. I think I mentioned it before, but the real reason behind their coming over today is because we're trading services - Wes is going to help me hang our pot rack (got chains to hang it yesterday and painted them to match the pot rack), and I'm going to help them with computer stuff (they bought a new one and need files transferred).

OK, I really should get back to work now, but thought you all deserved a little update for being such good blog-checkers.

Oh, and I pretty much "finished" the garage (still needs a little organizing), and disassembled Dana's green bike (previously TK's bike) yesterday. As in, completely disassembled it. I was halfway through and realized that all my maintenance books are for ROAD bikes. Oh well. Still got everything off! Except for the non-drive side half of the bottom bracket cup. Needs a new bottom bracket (and headset!) anyway. The bike must be 20 years old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so are we finally going to get pics now tha the place is ready for guests?!

posted at 2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home