Vacation

crossword
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
Since Mark is threatening to change the blog name, I think that's his subtle hint I should check in. Vacation has been great, and I've been able to finish the crossword in the Steamboat paper for the last two days, which I'm pretty excited about. The last couple days I really have been treating a lot like vacation--not getting up until 9 or 9:30, relaxing around the house (and unpacking a few boxes), and I'll admit it, catching Touched By An Angel reruns at 10 am on the Hallmark Channel. (Missy and I were, um, religious watchers of that show back in the day. It brings back good memories.) Like I said, good vacation stuff.

I've also been kicking my studying into high gear, as I take my Sports Medicine Boards three weeks from today in Denver. I should finish my review book today, and then spend the next 3 weeks doing practice questions. I'm a little freaked out about this test, just because I don't feel as prepared for it as I did for the Pediatric Boards last year. Hopefully after a ton of review questions under my belt I'll be feeling much better.

Our house is still a mess, but getting better day by day. Most of the kitchen stuff is unpacked, although not necessarily put away. The builders forgot to put shelves in one of the kitchen cabinets, and despite our landlord's continual pestering of the contractor, he still hasn't been around to fix that. Hopefully soon. But all the boxes are out of the Master Bedroom, and our new king bed should get here by next week, which will be awesome. Our old mattress is on the floor in the bedroom right now, and will join the bedframe and box spring in the guest bedroom as soon as the new bed gets here.

The weekend looks like it'll be pretty fun--there's a big hot air balloon rodeo tomorrow morning that I'm sure Mark will get my lazy arse out of bed for, and then we're going to hike up the ski mountain, have lunch, and hike back down. I'm running the Mountain Madness 10K on Sunday--I was going to run the half marathon, but I'm just too out of shape and not acclimatized enough yet. But I'm doing an 8 miler straight up Howelson Hill the weekend after this one with a couple locals we met at a Fourth of July party. Good times. Steamboat is awesome--Mark and I almost feel guilty if we're NOT playing outside at some point during the day. And it's so wonderful to have the windows open all the time and to need to wear a fleece after the sun goes down! I'm a happy girl.

So I officially am on the Pediatrics of Steamboat payroll as of Monday. I'm this interesting mix of incredibly excited and so nervous I could vomit at any minute. I don't start seeing patients until next Thursday, and I know that I'm ready for this step, but that doesn't make me any less anxious about starting. I just need to take it patient by patient, and everything will be fine. It's all good.

OK, I really need to hit the books again--I think Mark and I are just chillin' tonight, probably going to order in some pizza from a local pizzeria (although for the record, we do have Domino's here if the urge should ever strike) and just relax a bit. Maybe even unpack some more boxes. Have a great weekend and start planning your trip to visit us!

3 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

Have fun on Monday and then Thursday. Go kick some arse and heal some people.

posted at 3:24 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Good luck on your first week. You will be great!

posted at 9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no need to be nervous Dana! You will kick arse! If you can deal with Mark - you can deal with anything! ;)

posted at 2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home