Week(end) in Review

Another good weekend.

Sadly, no pictures of the house. I know, I know - I'm such a tease. But we ended up not having our friends over for dinner on Friday (we just weren't ready for them), so the pot rack was not hung, so the pictures don't come yet. Suck it up and wait. :)

So Friday night, we had a couple drinks here with D's coworker who we were supposed to feed, and then actually went over to her place and ate there. (We're tricky like that)

Saturday was spent watching the tour, then working on D's bike (TK's old bike, which I need to take pictures of so TK can cry - it's in all its various pieces right now), then ordering the parts and tools I need to make it whole again. That was fun.

Then we went to lunch at a cute little place in town, walked around a little, BOUGHT A NEW BED, which should be here THURSDAY!!!!, and went back into town again to get a birthday present for the other child of Pediatrics of Steamboat (if you recall, last weekend was the 1-year-old's birthday - this weekend it was the two-year-old's birthday), and delivered that.

Sunday we woke up and watched the last stage of the tour, then Dana studied while I snoozed and we listened to the Cubs game. We could have watched, and actually started out by watching, but Bob Brenly and Len Kasper have this incredibly well developed skill at annoying the crap out of me, so we streamed the WGN Radio broadcast of the game (which, even without Santo, was better than Bob and Len). Then we hopped in the car and went for a hike, kind of an evaluative hike to see if it would be any good for my parents when they come visit in a couple weeks (it wouldn't - way too steep and rocky, but we loved it). Unfortunately, we got a late start and had evening plans, so we had to turn around after only about a mile and a half (keep your eye on flickr for the GPS map and profile I will shortly upload). We headed home and I broke in the downstairs shower, and Dana and I discovered the limits of our hot-water-heater.

Then she headed to church and dropped me off at Sheila and Wes' (again!) so I could hook up their new Dell and transfer files over from their old one. I believe I mentioned it before: Wes and I are trading services - I get their computer set up, and he helps me hang the pot rack.

So, there you have it! Dana's been kind of stressing about her Sports Medicine Boards which come up this Friday, but I know she'll do fine, and then she heads out to KC to visit Missy and DJ and their new little one, Edy (or Edie, I'm not sure).

Seems like everybody's having babies! Congrats to all our readers now "in a delicate condition" - and those who don't read (I'm sure Lapp isn't a regular). Between everyone we know who's pregnant and those who have had kids within the last 6 months, we're talking about more than half a dozen new people in the world. Crazy stuff!

(Oh, and the pic at the top of this post is from our hike this weekend, in case that wasn't clear).

6 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

You seem really hung up on this Wes guy. Dana should be worried.

posted at 8:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend! Any other celebrations going on? ;)

All that work on the Steve Vespa pic, and no entry yet!? :)

posted at 3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Chirp Chirp*

posted at 8:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark

no posts for a week now! are you trying to imitate Hutch?

posted at 10:19 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Maybe Hutch and Fitz had some sort of Freaky Friday switch occur. So Hutch is Fitz and Fitz is Hutch. I am not sure who is worse off.

posted at 4:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Bizarro world...

posted at 3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home