Cleaning house...
Obviously there have been some template changes around here. Funny thing is, they preview differently than they turn out when published, so there is still some tweaking that needs to be done before the kinks are all worked out. (like how all this text is jammed up against the left side)

Of course, we'll eventually end up with a custom template, but for now I was trying to accomplish a couple things:
  1. Easily determine who wrote a post - so I've changed background colors and added a little picture at the end of the post as opposed to our names,
  2. Distinguish moblog posts. Of course, they're pretty obvious to begin with (what with the cameraphone picture), but what I did was create a new blogger account and had all the posts that come from our cell be that account's way of posting to the blog.
That's it, really. Just some late-night hijinx.

Let me know if you're seeing any problems with the new formatting. It's looking to me like things translate pretty well between Firefox and IE (if any of you are actually using IE, shame!), but of course I don't have a mac to test..

So: criticisms welcome. Other ideas welcome. Let it fly.

UPDATE: Oh, I totally forgot. I got Yakety Sax and Bananaphone on our new cell. Everyone rings with Yakety Sax except for our family, who gets Bananaphone. We picked out "Brick House" for Keri and a bit of Orbital's "The Box" for Pablo, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of other people's ringtones. I suppose they'll come with time. And so you don't think I'm insane, I'm not paying for these, I'm converting the MP3s and transferring them via bluetooth to the phone. Fun with technology!

9 Comments:

Blogger JK said...

Ringtones are fun, mine are:
"Under Pressure" David Bowie and Queen as my general ring.
"I fought the law" by The Clash when B.J. calles.
"Mable" by Goldfinger when my sister calls.

posted at 6:29 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Do you walk around wearing that Bluetooth earpiece? What a great mental image.

posted at 7:53 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

No. I do not have a bluetooth earpiece.

posted at 8:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What provider did u end up with? I have a motorola also, but the blue tooth transfer is disabled as far as I know. With Verizon (who I have) I can just change the mp3 extension to mid so it doesn't block and e-mail it to my phone. One problem is it only works if song is 30 seconds or less.

posted at 8:00 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

We ended up going with T-Mobile. I had them for a long time in Chicago and never had any real complaints, and they also had a plan with the fewest minutes available (300) and a good $5 messaging add-on (400 messages of any type/month for $5). So far, so good.

I really like the Razr, but I miss the full keyboard on my old Nokia. If switching the SIM back and forth wasn't such a pain, I'd be more apt to do it.

Really what I'd like: the size of the RAZR, the camera of the RAZR, the ringtones of the RAZR, the screen of the RAZR, and the text-entry of my old 6820. I guess 5/6 isn't bad.

(PS: my word verification is "dehbl". Cingular is the DEBIL!)

posted at 9:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My biggest complaint about motorola is their smart texting. It doesn't come close to being as good as T9. Stupid to use their own technology(iTAP) when they could have used T9 like everyone else.

posted at 10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.. good choice!

Only problem I have with MP3 ringtones is that they never seem to be loud enough... *shrug*

Dig the new profiles, though the text is too close the the left edge (I'm assuming that is what you were referring to) what happened to the custom blog!? ;)

posted at 10:36 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

As far as the custom blog goes... one step at a time..

As for the MP3 ringtones, the ones we're using seem to be plenty loud, but it's not like we're out clubbing, so there isn't much noise to contend with..

posted at 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

My cell phone totally crapped out on me yesterday. Which was okay, cuz I hated it. Got the Razr phone too, although mine is pink. Daniel wanted silver and we got a pretty good deal. I'm slow on the texting right now, and I've accidently called my cousin 3 times messing with the side buttons. I finally got Rapper's delight to play as my ringtone. Anyway, this is long, I'll stop now.

posted at 5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home