Con Air (rant warning)
OK, I understand that there are some valid reasons for not being able to bring certain things on an airplane, but when we can't bring lip balm on the plane, but people can wear "Gel-filled bras" or bring "KY jelly" "To ensure [their] health and welfare"? (yes, those are quotes from the TSA website, emphasis added).

Give me a fucking break. Seriously. Taking off my shoes at the screening booth is silly enough, but what happens when someone strangles a flight attendant with their belt? We can't wear belts anymore? Where does it end?

We're just lucky they haven't banned iPods yet.

I realize that flying isn't a right, it's a privelege. But I'm not a criminal and neither is my wife. I don't appreciate being treated like one. I don't appreciate her being treated like one. This is absurd.

And who are we kidding? Honestly. If someone wanted to blow up a plane they could still do it. Not letting Suzie Sunshine bring her apple juice on the plane isn't HELPING YOUR WAR ON TERROR. The point of terrorism is to CREATE TERROR. That being the case, forget our representatives who still value Civil Liberties and a government of checks and balances "helping the terrorists" (Seriously, fuck you, Cheney) - the rest of you are the ones helping CREATE terror. Where the fuck is the 9/11 memorial? Why is there still a hole at Ground Zero? (what does that have to do with anything?)

Listening to me talk to my sister in New Zealand doesn't prevent terror - it's a waste of my tax money. Put the money where it matters. No, not in your wallet, or the special interest wallets. Use it the way it's intended to be used. TO HELP OUR FREAKING COUNTRY. You're not helping anything but the terrorists - because you're aiding in their mission of CREATING TERROR.

Their mission isn't to blow up buildings. It's the aftermath. It's the FEAR they create by the act of blowing shit up. It's YOUR reactions to their blowing shit up. YOU'RE DOING EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT, MORONS.

Sorry. Every now and then I have to release the pent-up frustration I have with our freaking government. They can really piss me off.

Overall, I'm a very happy person.

Maybe we should leave for the airport early today. Something tells me I'm going to be subjected to a "random" screening.

3 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

I hear ya. It is lame that I can't bring my AR-15 on the plane.

posted at 12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post rocks.

posted at 12:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really related to your post, but Amy and I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night. It was so funny we were rolling. My only regret was that we didn't see it with you guys. Had we ALL seen it together, we likely would have literally died laughing! We miss you guys!

posted at 9:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home