My Awesome Birthday

577387
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
Well, to be honest, 31 never felt so good. Yesterday was a great day--a nurse from the clinic and I drove out to Craig, where I had a full day of patients, and as a present to me, none had crazy or wacked-out parents. Got home, had a beer, and then Mark and I went out to a new restaurant, Three Peaks Grill, where the food was awesome. It's crazy around SBS right now--a lot of the tourist have left, and in this huge restaurant, that you know is packed once the mountain opens, there must've been only 5 or 6 tables. Not that we minded one bit....afterwards we went over to another new place for a cocktail, and then called it a night and were in bed by 10:30. I am an old lady, after all.

And these snowshoes are the ones I got as a birthday present from Mark--the sweet part is that they were half-off at REI, and I also still had a small dividend I hadn't use yet, and a gift certificate that I hadn't used yet, so we pretty much got them at 1/4 of their regular price. Awesome! I can't wait to start using them--only about 2 more months until the snow comes!

And tonight Sheila and Lisa arranged a girls night at this place in town with awesome mojitos. Can't wait! Should be a good bunch of people coming, and I only wish Keri could be there to get her bra stuck on a table. I went on a hike today with Lisa and Primo (I'm off until next Monday), and Lisa's friend Blair joined us--we just went up Emerald Mountain, which is just on the other side of the valley from the ski mountain, and I finally got to see all the crazy trails and stuff they have up there. I guess in the winter there are tons of x-country ski trails, and more than enough places to use my awesome new snowshoes. Yea!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Glad you had a good one! Sounds like the calm before the storm in SBS! ;)

posted at 4:30 PM

 
Blogger JK said...

Happy Birthday Dana!!! Sounds like you had an awesome day!

posted at 6:50 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Happy Birfday. Women get so excited about shoes. I don't get it.

posted at 8:39 AM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

Happy Belated Bday. Sorry to write so late. Hope you had fun and Mark put out on your bday. Everyone needs to get some on their bday. I think its a law. If its not then when I am president it will be.

posted at 1:42 PM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

Whats the Keri bra stuck on the table story? Is it another one of the memories that I have conviently forgot or just one I have not heard.

posted at 1:46 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Happy belated bithday. So sorry I officially missed it. Cheers.
-A

posted at 9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home