Mmmm. Dinner!
Making shrimp etouffee for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, I can't find crawfish tails anywhere in town (I guess it's not THAT surprising), so from now on I'll have to order them.

I haven't made an etouffee on a gas stove since I lived with Pablo, Dave and Steve (Jesus, those were the days) with help from Bally. I have found a good recipe that I really like, but this will be my first time making it with shrimp (and probably D's first time having shrimp etouffee).

OK, I was just taking a break after deveining the shrimpies. Now I have to get to cookin! The roux takes about half an hour typically, so I've got my work cut out for me.

As a matter of fact, the last time I made this was for our swinger friends Amy and Daniel before D and I moved here. I perfected the recipe on our electric (yuck) stove in Houston, so this should be even better! Unless proximity to Louisiana has something to do with how well it turns out, in which case, we're fucked. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that meal!!!!

posted at 6:43 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

it was delish!

We miss you guys! I just remembered that the last time I made it was the night you told me you were pregnant. I think I might always think of that when I make it now...

posted at 7:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I think of that too. I think you just made my day. Thanks for saying that :)

posted at 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! That looks great! I'm drooling. Speaking of babies, I felt baby Sara kicking up a storm last night. Wild! I had my ear to Amy's stomach and 'Bam,' I got kicked in the ear!

posted at 7:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you made etouffee when we lived on hermitage?! was that the night we had everybody over for dinner?

good times indeed...

posted at 10:05 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

No, it wasn't for our dinner party. I forget what I made that time, but it definitely wasn't etouffee.

Wasn't that the party where your mom and Dave got in a fight?

posted at 11:42 AM

 
Blogger Tara said...

Homemade roux? Bah. This stuff is awesome. I ordered a few jars to have on hand for gumbo.

posted at 8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Swinger Friends"? I seem to have some differing memories than you do.....

posted at 5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home