Snow, The Fountain, and Furniture (up'd)

This past Saturday, D and I went to get more Christmas decorations and do some other shopping - there's a furniture place in town that was having a 50% off sale, so we decided to check out what they had as well.

After getting a wreath at Ace (and some more lights, and other stuff), we went to check out the furniture place and bought a bookshelf, and then went to see The Fountain at the ancient movie theater in town (think: Princess Theater at MU). Unfortunately, I can't recommend the movie since the projectionist is a jackhole. I talked to someone at the theater who said the movie was supposed to be that way, but let me tell you: a director never intends for close-ups of the characters to consist of half their nose, their eyes, and the tops of their heads - not to mention that the tops of sets were visible, boom mikes were everywhere, and the matte was clearly visible during effects shots - essentially, the movie was ruined for us.

I couldn't argue with the concession girl's "supposed to be that way" argument, so I came home and did some research when I had some free time, and realized that there was a problem with the Aperture Plate Alignment and Framing - probably had the wrong lens and aperture plate up, so we saw a lot of stuff we were never meant to see. Anyway, that stunk.

But we got our furniture, then got some more (to pick up the next day) and came home and set stuff up (I also put up more lights).

Sunday morning we went out on the mountain in the morning and chillaxed and watched football in the afternoon.

Also, there are furniture pictures up, feel free to check them out.

We're getting a lot of snow right now (took a long lunch to snowshoe quickly but forgot (again!) to turn on the GPS, but I got some pictures of that as well - those will go up later.

It's going to be a busy week again (more on that later) but as I mentioned before, this blogging helps keep me sane, so I'll try to keep it up.

[Update]: Changed the featured video (may still be being processed by YouTube hamsters) and added a picasa album from today's lunch outing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice and quiet out there. Has to be really relaxing, despite all the hard work to walk in snow that deep.

posted at 6:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that YouTube has YET to fix their mjpeg video encoding audio sync problem! *grumble*

Yea, looks quite peaceful!

posted at 10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home