Snow!!

5994
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
Woke up today to a ton more snow, and it still keeps coming down. There are winter storm warnings out for tonight, so I think we'll be laying low for a bit. We took the Suburu over to the tire place today to get snow tires put on--they should be ready by tomorrow. With my once weekly drive out to Craig for work, they will certainly come in handy.

It was a fun weekend, although very hectic and I am enjoying my down time today. Went shopping with the girls on Saturday, and being as that I hate shopping, I was pretty surprised at how much fun I had. Got some new fun stuff, and even had lunch at a brewery. Sweet.

Saturday night was a friend's birthday party, and I had about a full 30 minutes between getting back from shopping (the outlets are about an hour and a half away) and getting picked up for that party. I was a bit reluctant at first, and realized once I got there that I was just super tired, but after an hour or so, found my second wind. It was a good time, but thankfully, Lisa wanted to take off at 11, and I was more than happy to have her drive me home.

I had only had a couple drinks at the birthday party, but I was just exhausted when I woke up on Sunday--Mark left early to go up on Bruce's Trail with the boys (he's really need some time with the guys lately, so this weekend was good for him). I just hung out most of the day, until we had an office meeting/dinner in the early evening. Talked over some good stuff, saw Ron's pictures from his 3 week sailing trip from San Francisco to Mexico, and just had a chance to relax. Those guys are all so much fun to hang out with, and again, it was a fairly early night, so Mark and I were back by about 9 or so.

And today is just a catch up day--I've been doing a lot of laundry and cleaning up the house a bit. Mark found a volunteer opportunity for us on Thanksgiving Day, so it looks like we'll be doing that. Growing up, my family usually volunteered with the big free Easter dinner through our church, and it always was a fun thing to do and made me feel good to give back. I'm glad we'll have that chance here as well.

Probably will go and drop my snowboard off to get it tuned tomorrow--I'm just a bit too lazy today. I don't work again until Thursday, so it's a nice little 5 day break after the extra hours when Ron was on vacation. Sheila is leaving for 2 weeks in a few days, so it'll be back to 2 of us again for a little bit, but shouldn't be too bad. I'm on call this weekend, but have 4 days off over Thanksgiving, so I can't complain at all. My 9-5 clinic days are really turning into 8-8 days with all the winter crud going around, but with nice little breaks like this, it gives me a chance to rejuvenate a bit. Anyway, back to the snowboard--my step-in bindings are starting to get a bit too old and rusty (they are probably about 6-7 years old by now) and from my searching on the Internets, it looks like most manufacturers don't make the step-ins anymore, just the regular two strap bindings. I have some feet problems, which I completely blame on residency, so I'm a little reluctant about going back to this type of binding. Regardless, I need new bindings, and it looks like this is all I'm going to be able to get, and if it's all that's really available now, I think it's safe to assume they provide more control and performance than step-ins anyway. We won't be able to get me new bindings at the very least until next month, maybe not until January, but we'll see.

OK, back to being lazy....oh, and BJ, I'll smack a pie in your face the next time I see you, just because you took the Giants over the Bears.

3 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

Well, you'll have to get in line. I was reluctant to take the bet because I knew how banged up the Giants were, but it will be good entertainment since my buddy wants to do it the same day I have to do a snow angel in my boxers.

posted at 6:14 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

WE NEED PICTURES OF ALL OF THIS.

posted at 7:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 days off?! NICE!

You still going to let Mark get some work done during the day?!

BJ: when you said you had to do a snow-angel in your boxers, I had something very different in mind! Yikes!

posted at 12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home