This past weekend...
So we didn't have that eventful of a weekend, but it felt really long. Friday night D got home late from work (a couple kids in the hospital she had to check on after clinic), so we had a late dinner and she went to bed early, exhausted after a long day. I stayed up and FINALLY got a second hard drive installed on our home PC (I've had it for months but never bothered to format it - now it contains all our media - music, photos, TiVo backups, etc).

Woke up Saturday and D left for work (check on kids in the hospital again, see some kids in clinic, etc), and she got home about 1. We went into town and tried a burrito place that was new to us (only so-so, have to be less creative next time), then did a little shopping (XMas decorations, that kind of thing). I got an awesome remote-control for the lights I have up over our garage, so I don't have to run out there in the middle of the night in my boxers to unplug the lights anymore - oh, and I put up some garland and more lights on the deck in back (there's a break in the snow, so better now than later). Also, I went out on Friday and got a Christmas Tree permit so we can cut down our own tree (an abundance of national forests around has its perks) - we'll probably be doing that in a week or two.

Despite my decorations, my ban on all things Christmas is still in place until Friday morning. It's just sick to start any Christmas ANYTHING before Thanksgiving, in my mind, so I've banned Best Buy (already using XMas jingles and Santa in their advertising) and City Market, sadly - one of our two grocery stores in town. That embargo may have to be busted by the holiday, though. They have more stuff than the Safeway.

Anyway, we got home from shopping, watched "THE GAME", and got a call from Lisa who wanted to meet us for margaritas, so I got some quality time playing with Primo (Lisa and Ron's 15-month old) while D and Lisa chatted. Then we went home, caught up on Friday's Battlestar (um, sweet as always), and hit the sack at about 9:30. We are old.

We woke up sometime between 7 and 8 on Sunday, I made a kickass breakfast, and D went (again) into work for a little bit. Then we drove around to look at houses for a while, went into town for lunch, and came back for more football (Go Bears!).

Then we headed back into town - we both had work to do, so we went to the local bookstore/coffee shop and worked for several hours - I stayed behind while Dana went to church, then came home to watch yet more football (ouch, Broncos). Then, bed.

Overall, I feel like I didn't get that much done (still waiting on lug nuts for the new CR-V winter wheels, should arrive today), but we really did.

I have a lot of stuff going on with work, but blogging helps keep me sane and I need a break now and then anyway, so I don't think the blogging should suffer that much. But there's no telling - I guess we'll see.

OH! And I almost forgot. SORIANO! Now all we need is to fill out the rotation. Come on, Hendry, make it happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Schmidt - I don't think Zito can happen.

That's it! Later! Also, if you ever get bored, I change the "featured video" about every three days (and the history will always be around in old posts, so check it out).

That's it for real this time. Later!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was about to give up on your thrilling video until I saw you guys run the red light at the end! LOL

Who was driving?!

As far as this weekend goes - Too. Much. Football.

Gotta start time shifting when I watch games, otherwise takes ENTIRELY too long.

posted at 9:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can they send you a ticket if you caught yourself on your own camera running a red light?

Battlestar was ok this week. I think I would have enjoyed it better if Tigh's new eye patch were black instead of beige, and he started finishing his lines with ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

posted at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

OK, I'll admit that the light was VERY orange, but I couldn't very well slam on the brakes and send the camera flying.. Besides, approaching a light that is turning yellow at 25mph doesn't afford one the luxury to go through it that one might think. Mea culpa.

As for Tigh - I'm just glad he's coming around again. And I'm REALLY glad that Starbuck was on top of her game enough to catch the tricky Cyclons up to their tricky games. And I like the added plotline of Adama as former yes-man nogoodnik. But he's still Dana's boyfriend. She also has a crush on Roslin.

Also also - Dana totally had a kid come to clinic dressed as a pirate. I'll let her tell the story.

posted at 11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't call it a kickass breakfast unless you say what that breakfast consisted of.

posted at 11:01 AM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

I watched the bears game on Tivo Sunday night in about 1.5 hours. Pretty sweet.

I was hoping we were going to get SORIANO from Major League. I just love Joe Boo.

I don't like Tigh. Even before New Caprica he was always a bitter old guy. I liked that you figure out that Adama believed he started the cylon war.

posted at 1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home