Weekend report

So, after Saturday's LONG post, I didn't work on that trunk at all. I had some lunch, hopped in the shower, and went to the SSHS football game (Dana was in Silverthorne shopping all day, she'll probably check in with a report later today). After the game, went to grab some wings and beer at the Tap House, then back to Wes and Sheila's to watch a bunch of kids fight for a while. When Sheila got home (from shopping with Dana), I took off and went home.

As I pulled in, Dana was on her way out, to a birthday party for a friend. I watched a movie and went to bed.

We got about two inches overnight, so I woke up early and went with Wes and some other guys who were skate-skiing (think: Olympic cross-country skiing) up to Bruce's Trail (random picture link) near the continental divide. I snowshoed while they skate-skied, and got a few pictures (one of which serves as the new blog header image). There was probably about an inch or two of accumulation in the hour we were up there, but the snow had stopped down in steamboat.

I realized that I haven't broken out the GPS in a long time, and that it might have been interesting for you all to see, so next time I'll bring it along, and maybe I'll create a new section on the right with links to the most recent GPS tracks.

Also, I've changed things around so I'm storing pictures that I use on my server space at markanddana.com - that way I don't have to rely on Flickr. The one downside might be if, say, the host goes down for a couple days again. But I don't see that happening. Well, that, and my server (obviously) doesn't automatically resize images, so that might be a fairly big drawback. I guess we'll have to see how things go...

Anyway, got home from the snowshoeing, hung some lights (while the ground isn't covered in ice) and D and I went to lunch. We came home and I took about a 2-hour nap (I was out COLD), then woke up, showered, and headed to Ron and Lisa's for a little get-together.

We got home, watched a little TV and I went straight to bed, exhausted. I'm feeling a little sick this morning, so I'm going to take it easy and cuddle up with a manual for the BusinessObjects SDK. Fun, fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home