Holiday Spirit(s)
So we got a lot done this weekend. Kind of. And we got some more snow, which is welcome considering we have our first winter guests on the way.

This past Thursday was an office party for the hospital staff (and spouses), so D and I got to try out a restaurant in town we hadn't been to yet. Friday was pretty tame, as I recall. We went out for dinner after D got home from work and won a game of trivia at the bar, then came home to watch BSG and Numbers. But on Saturday the weekend really began.

Well, at about noon, once Dana got moving (she values her sleep) the weekend began, anyway. Actually, we shoehorned a whole weekend into Saturday. I guess I forgot to add that on Friday I finished building a tire rack for the garage (since we got the snow tires on, we've had 8 others kind of just sitting around the garage taking up a ton of space. No more!).

But I ramble. Back to Saturday..

I put lights on the tree but realized we were short about 100 (it's a big tree, you recall), and we needed some ornaments and garland anyway, so we headed to Ace to round out our decoration supplies. But as luck would have it, they were all out of white lights. So we grabbed the garland and some ornaments (and gift tags and other random stuff) and then headed to lunch. After lunch, we FINISHED ALL OUR HOLIDAY SHOPPING, but that took a while, so we got home, rested for all of 15 minutes, and got ready for D's office party. I'll let her get in to those details later, but we all had a blast (and my sweater was a hit, of course). Unfortunately, D left her purse at the ranch where we went for their party, so we had no keys (DEFINITELY a GOOD THING) and got a ride home. I guess I should have explained that we met at one of the nurse's houses and were picked up by a shuttle from there, and after the end of the night the shuttle returned us to the nurse's house.

Obviously I thought this post through before beginning writing. I realize I'm all over the place. I'm still recovering from Saturday night. It was a ROUGH DAY Sunday. I mean ROUGH. Add to that we had to drive 45 minutes back to the ranch to get D's purse.. Ouch.

So we pretty much sat around all day yesterday (after our drive in the snow). Watched the Bears win (finally), watched Denver win (yay), and saw that the Giants had a rough time of things. Wow, those Giants are a really good team, huh BJ?

So last night we finished (OK, finished the hard stuff) trimming the tree - all that's left are the ornaments. But that will probably take all of 15 minutes, considering (A) we don't have many ornaments and (B) there aren't that many big branches.

I'll get pictures up eventually, but they'll probably just wait until my family gets here on Friday (and Saturday).

Oh, and I have a sore throat, so hopefully I can fully recover before people start showing up. It would really suck to be sick while on vacation...

One more thing (I just keep going, don't I?) - I talked to my dad on Saturday and he let me know he's sending a case of wine to us. After Dana and I "finished" our shopping on Saturday, we made one last stop at the liquor store and dropped a little under $300. So, Scott - we have more wine (another case) and more scotch (bringing the total to 3 bottles of scotch and 1 Irish whiskey) and mom, I picked up some Bailey's as well.

And it will all be here when everyone arrives, becase I think D and I are on detox until the family gets here. Our livers are working overtime from the party this weekend.

Now it's a matter of doing work (blech) and getting the house ready for our visitors. I have one more construction project I'm probably going to undertake, that being a makeshift table extension so the 6 of us can actually fit around the dining room table. And lots of cookies to make, and a WHOLE LOT of straightening up and cleaning left.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week ahead!

Scott - whatever you don't drink, we will be sure to take care of when we visit at the end of Dec!

posted at 10:39 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

Reading your blog make me miss drinking. Damn pregnancy!

I will update my blog tonight with a new pregnancy picture, I am huge.

posted at 11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home