Empty House

freakonomics
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
So Mark left early this morning with Ron and Wes to go and dig out the cabin for our girls trip next weekend. It's quiet without him around! I'm trying to decide how I want to spend my weekend. I just went out riding yesterday, it was fun but really icy. The forecast is talking possible snow this evening and through the night, so I think I'll just head up tomorrow. I was also contemplating a run. I signed up for the Half-Marathon here in June, and really should start putting a training schedule together. Why the half and not the full? Because hopefully I'll be running with a Little Fitz, and the full marathon may not be so conducive to say, a comfortable internal environment. So the half it is.

This is the book I've been reading lately (thanks Jim!). Fascinating. I think what I enjoy about it so much is that it takes a very mundane, math-ridden specialty, and applies to real life situations. He's coming up with value sets when I'm struggling at times to see how numeric values are even applicable. I love it. I hated econ in high school, never took it in college, but this book is a great read.

Not much else going on around here---we're starting to gear up for all the boys coming next week, and have an appointment to check out a house in town with the realtor on Monday. We were supposed to be looking at 3 houses, but we got the call on Friday that 2 of the houses just went under contract that day. Gross. We were dropping the gear off at Ron and Lisa's last night for the guys' trip today, and after one look at the house on the Internets, Ron just kept insisting we have to buy it. I can't disagree with him. It's small and ugly, but we can afford it, it's on a nice piece of land in town, and there's a lot we could do with it. We'll keep you updated.

OK, I'm going to curl up and read some more before heading out on my run. Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, big plans! And a little Fitz is exciting :)

posted at 7:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't buy a house for the sake of buying a house. I think we made that mistake.

Numbers rule the world and you can make them into things they aren't, new Jim Carrey movie 23 does that.

posted at 7:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home