Mr. Creosote. Or, how much we ate over the holidays.
See the video at right which I picked to go along with this post.

I'm swamped at work, so will keep this short. I imagine we'll be updating bits-and-pieces of what happened over the holidays over the coming days.

Here is my attempt to estimate what we (D & I and our families) ate from the time my parents got here through last night.

Drinks at home (not including drinks at restaurants, etc):
> 2 cases of wine
2 bottles scotch
1 bottle brandy
1/2 bottle gin
1/2 bottle vodka
~3 cases of beer
1 bottle Bailey's

(meals - if booze included, then dinner out)
5-course meal with different wine matched with each course (among the best dinners ever consumed in the history of man)
5 pizzas
backcountry provisions - 2 sandwiches
10 lobsters
a ton of cookies
~2 doz shrimp
4 salmon
12 scallops
1 duck
4 quail
4 kobe beef filets
quesedilla
1 lb cashews
1 chicken
lots of salads
4lbs beef tenderloin
5 lbs potatoes
2 doz eggs
2 lbs bacon
~4 loaves of bread
many cheeseburgers/pub food galore
meat pie
1/2 tray lasagna
1 gingerbread house (mostly destroyed by Robosapien, video forthcoming)
2 tins peppermint bark
1 tin peanut brittle

D, families: what am I forgetting?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I already had lunch! :)

posted at 12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, maybe 2-3 gallons of wild rice soup...

posted at 2:36 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

For the record, everyone: Mrs. Fitz = Dana. I get confused and think my mom is commenting but I know better than to believe she is not only checking the blog, but has also figured out how to comment. Some day, I have faith, she will join us here. But until then, Dana will remain Mrs. Fitz.

D - going forward, can I recommend: Dr. Fitz?

Also, she is correct. We did have about 3 gallons of (excellent) wild rice soup. I got the recipe from Carol, so hopefully it will be added to my repretoire shortly.

posted at 2:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the boss of me.

posted at 4:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video is how I felt when I got home from work, must have been the KFC buffet I had for lunch.

posted at 6:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana, I was doing a google search on people I knew at the U of M and your blogsite came up. I am glad you are doing well. I would enjoy the opportunity to catch up.

posted at 6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home