Quick update
Fas was in for the last four or five days so no updates as most of our time was spent on the mountain or recovering from being on the mountain. We had a great time.

Work is going to really nail me this month, so I'll need to use the blog as a venting space some more. Lucky readers you are. Lucky, I tell you.

Hopefully I can temper all the work I have to do with a little fun. I hope to use the slow cooker I got for christmas to try out some new recipes and am already looking forward to the end of the month when all the boys are coming in. I only hope I can get some time off work while everyone's here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy work month = goes by quickly = we will be there before you know it!

Now all we need is more snow!

posted at 12:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a good slow cooker/crocpot recipe that I am actually having for dinner tonight:

2-3 pound pot roast, one package of dry onion soup mix, 20oz Cola (NOT diet).

Put the pot roast in the slow cooker and pour the onion soup mix and cola over the roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.

I know this sounds gross, but it's really good and easy. The citric acid in the cola makes the meat very tender. I usually serve the meat with noodles or mashed potatoes and a vegetable.

Hope you had a happy new year!!

posted at 12:37 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

JK - you're right, that does sound gross.

Maybe I'll try it with Dr. Pepper. It has 23 flavors, I'll have you know.

posted at 2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is awesome. I couldn't have eaten it any faster. What I can't tell you is if it would be better with Coke, Pepsi or RC. Tonight was Pepsi and it was fantabulous.

posted at 4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home