Surname

agius
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
So I found this story pretty interesting, somewhat because it was SO easy to change my last name after marrying Mark, but also because, of all states, NORTH DAKOTA is on the list of, dare I say, "enlightened" states that makes it just as easy for a man to change his name to his wife's surname.

And you'll notice, South Dakota is most definitely not enlightened. Suckaz.

This is the picture I got when googling "surname" in Google Images. For those of you who know Rowdy, it's his ancestral crest.

Mark and I are contemplating changing our surname to Surname. Cause that's funny.

How awesome is 24? I heart Jack Bauer.

Mark's beef brisket with homemade BBQ sauce is crazy awesome.

I don't have to work tomorrow.

That's all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Got your email and tried to call. Been meaning to write you back.. But so much for being your pen pal...that will have to wait until I'm not so gimpy :) Love ya and talk to you soon!

posted at 4:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Days off rock. Watching Jack Bauer on a day off rocks more! Awesome first 4 hours! We will have to force the guys to watch it when we are visiting!

BTW: BBQ brisket sounds like something us guys would love! (hint hint)

posted at 12:07 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Yeah, I was kind of giving the brisket a trial, and the trial turned out great. The problem is, it takes up a lot of room in the fridge (not THAT big a problem) and takes a really long time to make (about two days). I could have it ready for when you show up, which I was thinking I could do, but the recipe calls for a 4.5lb brisket and says it serves 12. We got a 5.5lb brisket (the smallest they had) and we think we'll get about 8 sandwiches out of it. So Steve might not get any. :)

Oh, I can also make a mean coleslaw, apparently. :)

We'll figure it out. I have already saved (and frozen) the broth as I think it will serve as a great base for chili. Mmmm. Chili.

But again, that takes all day as well. I have to come up with a menu though, and quick!

posted at 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home