Upgraded blog. Upgraded home?
So today I updated our blog to the NEW IMPROVED Blogger. It retained our old template (so far - let us know if you see anything funky) but doesn't really include any of the new features that I'm aware of..

But the only reason I'm up writing this is because I'm not really tired. Dana and I were both pretty wired this afternoon, as we spent the morning looking at a house (well, two, but the second was only really for comparison as it is already under contract) and trying to figure out whether or not to bid on it.

The thing is, we really want to live in what they refer to as "Old Town", and last year only 24 single-family homes were sold in old town - and the average closing price was a good amount of money more than we were willing to spend.

So we found this one (a new listing last week) and decided to check it out, and by the end of the day put in a bid. It's definitely a "fixer-upper", but on a good lot in a great neighborhood. We're excited, and should hear back about our bid tomorrow by noon.

In other news, I'm still pretty exhausted from this weekend - on Sunday I spent about four or five hours cutting firewood and then hiked down a mountain with a pack full of dirty clothes and garbage - after spending the previous day snowshoeing UP the mountain twice, both times with a full pack. We had drinks and food for the three of us while we were there, and also brought along stuff for the girls, who are headed up this weekend.

Add to all this other stuff the fact that the boys are coming this weekend (Thursday, to be precise) and work is exploding (really, it's nonsense, but it's out of my hands and yet my responsibility - one of the troubles of being a Team Lead, I suppose), and the stress level is pretty high.

But we're both excited about the house. We watched the DIY Network for about an hour and a half tonight and decided that we might be able to bargain with Wes and Ron (both of whom are extraordinarily handy) to help us fix up the house (which is pictured above, thanks to Google Maps). Ron will be easy to buy off with beer (he already offered that as a barter), and Wes would certainly work for beer, but I think if we offered him new tools as a trade we might get the work done more quickly. And of course, since he'd only live a block away from us in this new place, they'd be easy to borrow if I ever needed them again.

But this all assumes we'll be able to come to terms with the seller. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Labels: , , ,


3 Comments:

Blogger oldblogger said...

Good luck! I hope you guys get it.

posted at 7:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Already put in a bid?! Do we get to see the place this weekend?! :)

Good stuff!

Figured you had upgraded your blog when I saw 27 new posts in my aggregator! D'OH!

posted at 9:08 AM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

How did you migrate your blog to the new blogger without having to change the blog title?

Computers confuse me.

posted at 7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home