Ups and Downs
So my stress level is a roller-coaster right now. Yesterday I got a call that one of my employees, who is a contractor, got a contract extension, which is a Good Thing. Today, he blew up and said he was packing his things because his rate was unchanged (and therefore too low). I've been on and off the phone with him and my manager, who has been on and off the phone with her superiors and his superiors, trying to get things worked out. It's on, it's off. It's a total mess.

Pile all this on after a long weekend with a lot of visitors, and I feel like I already need a vacation. What a disaster.

Oh yeah, and we didn't get the house, so that whole thing is totally up in the air as well.

No blogging for a while for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

OK, halt the klaxons. Everything got worked out, thank the gods.

But I still have a ton of work to do, so back to it!

posted at 10:22 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Glad everything got worked out.

posted at 4:12 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Another update: D and I are going to check out two more houses on Friday morning. We're pretty excited about one. The lot is a little smaller than the last place, but the house is a LOT nicer. And it backs up to a park. Very pretty. A little more spendy than the last place, though.

I also just farted and it smells like broccoli. I have no idea why - I haven't had any broccoli for at least four days...

posted at 5:34 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Backs up to a park sounds nice, make sure you put up a camera with night vision so you can catch all the kids making out in the park and use the video to blackmail them into mowing your lawn.

posted at 7:14 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

That is the best idea I've heard out of you in a long, long time.

posted at 9:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always get Greg to mow the lawn!

posted at 1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home