Million Dollars

millionbill
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
I feel like a million dollars today. Mark and I had such a great, fabulous day. Started by getting up around 9, deciding, meh, we'll go riding tomorrow, and then had an awesome breakfast from The Best Husband in the World. Read my current book "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson (one of my favorite authors ever) for most of the morning, and then got jealous because Mark was napping and I wanted to nap too. We ended up tag-teaming, he woke up and started reading his book "Thunderstruck" by Erik Larson (same guy who wrote Devil in the White City--great book) and I fell asleep. Woke up to "Kitchen Renovations" on the DIY Network, which Mark was watching, and then we decided to go to Ace since they were having a sale where you got 20% off anything you could fit in a brown paper bag. Bought a ton of stuff we don't need now, but will eventually need for The House, saw the current owners of The House at Ace (whom Mark didn't recognize, and I don't think they recognized us--we only met the lady homeowner briefly during the home inspection) and then went to Tap House for agreeably, too much beer but a fun run of trivia. Except for the ENTIRE game about hockey trivia, which sucked ass.

Now we're just chilling out, probably gonna watch Repo Man, and then head to bed to go riding tomorrow. I went snowshoeing with Lisa last night on the mountain, followed by beer and pizza at Slopeside, which was awesome. It's kinda fun to talk politics with someone other than Mark. Anyway, gotta get back to my awesome day, because I really do feel like a Million Dollars.

3 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Repo Man does not belong on that list. It doesn't belong on any list. But we did get lots of stuff at Ace. Yay!

posted at 9:17 AM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

I figured there was a reason that was the only on I hadn't seen!

Sounds like a nice chill day!

posted at 7:40 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

LOVE Bill Bryson! I read your blog occasionally, and couldn't help but comment on this. I found one of his books on Matt's bookshelf last summer and couldn't stop reading it! I'm so excited someone else appreciates Bill for all he is... :)

posted at 10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home