Double Black Diamond

steamboat_trouble500x400
Originally uploaded by Dana Fitz.
So with all the snow we've gotten here the last week (I think it's up around 4-5 feet since last Saturday) I finally worked up the courage to hit the double black diamond runs. And with all the powder, they are REALLY sweet. I was getting some great face shots today heading down into a couple chutes and bowls on one side of the mountain. It's funny--I usually just avoid that area, but with powder everywhere, it really was a blast. Not to mention there are rarely people over on that side, so a lot of the time it really does feel like you have the whole mountain to yourself. For at least a little while anyway...

So now I'm about to take a nap and then have a meeting for the Pentathlon tonight. Sheila and Lisa and I put a team together--me doing the run up the mountain and snowboard down, Sheila doing the snowshoe, Lisa doing the skate ski and bike, and then I'm finishing it off with a 2 mile run. Can't wait--this is the first year the event has filled up beforehand, and it sounds like a lot of people come out to cheer everyone on. Yea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know how jealous I am. Congrats...can't wait for the powder chutes myself.

posted at 6:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrm. It's 60 degrees here and I'm thinking our "winter" is done. I'm jealous as well.

posted at 12:21 PM

 
Blogger Pablo said...

4-5 FEET?! Dear lord!

(looks for flights to steamboat)

posted at 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home