Final steps..

So today I took the last steps we need to take before closing day (other than a walk-through to make sure they fixed what they were supposed to) - getting homeowner's insurance. The quote came in as low as I was hoping it would but it was still pretty (pleasantly) surprising.

The one thing I'm waiting on is for flood insurance, as our new house is in the 100-year floodplain. The only reason I have to wait is because Steamboat is bass-ackwards. Typically, insurers will just look up a house in the USPS database, but (and it took me a while to figure out why the lady on the phone couldn't find our house) since Steamboat doesn't deliver mail TO YOUR HOME (I ask you - what is a post office for, if not for home delivery?), our house isn't IN the USPS database.

So, I had to tell her the lot, subdivision, blah-blah legal description of our property so she could send someone to check the records MANUALLY. But it won't take more than 24 hours.

So, more than a month out from our closing (May 1), and we're set to go! D and I both want to get there NOW, but.. what can you do, I guess?

If you're all good, I'll post what our plans are for the downstairs of the new place sometime soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

And?

posted at 10:01 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

I'm working on it. Last week was hell (lots of end-of-month deadlines) and Dave and Keri are still here visiting, so after I drop them off this afternoon I'll put an entry together.

posted at 8:50 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hardwood flooring

posted at 10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home