Ouch. Weekend report.
Sorry no pictures, this is going to be a quick one since it's a short (but very busy) work week for me.

I took Thursday and Friday off from the house because I was totally stressing about it and getting a little annoyed at my lack of progress, until I realized we've only owned the place for two weeks and I had actually made a LOT of progress. So I took a break to get a little downtime. Also, my helpers have been out of town for the last week and I've been flying solo, so considering that (and that I have a full time job), I've been doing pretty well. I'm behind where I'd like to be, but what can one do?

Anyway, I spent pretty full days at the house Saturday and Sunday. Finished the laundry room wall and a little extension wall upstairs (without pictures my descriptions are kind of worthless), and did a lot of electrical rearranging (I now have a detailed electrical plan for the entire downstairs. Not something I was planning to spend a lot of time on, but something that is VERY time consuming nonetheless). Then yesterday (Sunday) I also wired up CAT-6, RG6 and CAT-5e for the TV area of the den (need to feed all those appliances). There are 4xCAT-6 pulls, 2xRG6 and 2xCAT-5e (the CAT-5e and RG6 are combined in a structured cable). The CAT-6 is for TiVo and game consoles; I was only going to pull one structured cable (1 RG6 and 1 CAT-5e) but a friend stopped by on Sunday who does professional installs and suggested two RG-6 so if I eventually get a dual-tuner TiVo/PVR I'd be ready for that.

In drilling holes for all these wires (with my new high-power man-drill, which has pretty much already paid for itself becuase of the use I've gotten out of it), one of the bits got stuck in a 2x4 and torqued the drill around to smack my left hand. So now my left thumb is killing me (though it's much better than it was immediately after the injury on Sunday, when I felt nauseated because of the rush of adrenaline after it happened. Ouch). But, nothing seems broken, just really, really sore.

I'm looking forward to my time off in Chicago over the long Memorial Day weekend, but I have boatloads of work to do before we can leave so I need to get going.

Talk to you later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Just reading about all the work you have been doing makes me tired! I can't imagine how tired YOU must be from actually doing all the work! Enjoy your weekend in Chicago!

posted at 6:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I once smashed my thumb when I was a kid while trying to open a sewer cover. I dropped it in place with my thumb in the way. I had that immediate nausea feeling right after it got smashed! Ugh, it's a horrible feeling.

posted at 8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home