Work work work..
So I ordered the floor for downstairs today (and you're looking at a picture of it). The floor for upstairs hasn't happened yet, but we'll be doing that soon enough (sometime today). I actually had to tell them to hold off on the shipping as we're going to be in Chicago for a long Memorial Day weekend, so they're going to send it out the day we leave FOR Chicago, and it should get here a couple days after we return.

I went over to the house first thing this morning to take out the garbage and recycling, and our dumpster, which was due to arrive "sometime" today, was already there. Double-awesome. We have way too much construction debris in the garage right now. No more!!

I also almost completed the (difficult) laundry room wall (when you see pictures, you'll understand) - I just have to install the middle bit, which will take a little effort. The compressor and air nailer are loud as sin, and I'm trying to at least be somewhat considerate of my neighbors during this process. Also, for your info: drilling into a concrete slab (even with a masonry bit and brand new high-power drill) is a CHORE. And also loud.

Basically, I just have the little bit of the laundry room wall, the office wall (which will be the largest wall created during this process, and ironically probably the easiest), and the new wall for the 1/2 bath to finish before the construction is complete. Then it's moving around wires (I have a pretty solid plan for downstairs now, after spending some time untangling things and figuring out unlabeled circuits yesterday), adding a ton of can lights everywhere (and switches for said lights), and then all my low-voltage wiring (audio, ethernet, phone, satellite). Then drywall, paint, floors, and done.

Phew.

Today at lunch I'm headed over to bomb our dandelion farm with weed killer. Those things grow FAST!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

Bill might need some help in Chicago the weekend you are in town - just in case you miss working on the house! ;)

posted at 11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by "figuring out the circuits" he really means "getting shocked".

posted at 2:29 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

It was the quickest way to figure out which outlet was live! :)

No, that's not what I meant. I meant rearranging wiring and creating a plan for how things are going to be re-wired. Smart alec.

posted at 2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home