Housework update (yay! Exciting!)

Before I start, let me draw your attention to the most recent featured video (to your right. Just click on the words). I want to thank Scott for this gem - every couple years I think of this video but can't ever remember the name. Jermaine is my favorite. And the moonwalking skeleton at the end. Sweet.

Anyway, to the house.

Tomorrow, I leave for my (hopefully final) trip to Home Depot to pick up the special order closet doors and other random stuff (maybe some lighting fixtures, definitely some new outlets, that kind of thing). Also probably will grab a handrail for the stairway bannister we're adding.

Anyway, I'm OK with how work is going except for two things: the plumber and drywall guys I'm depending on have been incommunicado lately. I need the plumber to come and move some pipes around before we can frame up the last (1/2 bath) wall, and as soon as I'm done wiring we need the drywall guy to come, so we can paint and then start the floors. Our moving day is fast approaching.

The picture above is way out of date (from before Memorial Day weekend). The office wall is now up (and we'd be looking through it towards the den/laundry), and there are many more holes in the ceiling for wiring. Also, the infamous can lights for which I am so darn proud.

Remaining to do:
  • Wire for the audio controls and network in the kitchen/dining room,
  • Audio controls for the deck,
  • Wire speakers for the deck (this one can really wait)
  • Wire the audio controls and speaker for the master bath,
  • Wire the network/phone/tv for the bedrooms and living room.
I also REALLY want to pre-wire for surround in the den since I've already torn it apart and it will require mucho patching, and we're (supposedly!) having the drywall guy come in to patch up everything anyway, so a couple more holes shouldn't make too much of a difference. Most of the electrical wiring is complete - I just have to reconnect stuff in the nursery, add a switch over the (non-existent) mantle, and probably add another set of outlets in the office (one can never have too many). I hope to complete all the wiring by the end of the weekend, so we're ready for the drywall guy. But again, we need the plumber guy to come first too (so we can frame up that last wall, and the faux column).

Otherwise, we have to pick out paint (and then paint) and install the floors. Lots to do in little time. The stairway railing won't get completed before we move, but that's OK as it will make it easier to get cumbersome things up the stairs.

I have to get back to work now, but wanted to post since Dana was supposed to yesterday but didn't get around to it. But she's pregnant so I can't give her too much shit.

Later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like its coming along nicely!

damn, I was hoping for another "housework" video!

posted at 1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home