Last post from a rental!

So while we still have internet I figured I'd blog really quickly.

I spent all evening (until now) at the house, pulling up more carpet, vacuuming, and tearing off recently-discovered BRIGHT ORANGE wallpaper that had been painted over. And cleaning the garage, so we at least have one place that isn't under construction to put all our crap.

Dana works tomorrow morning, and is going to drop me off to pick up the truck at about quarter after 8. My helper is showing up at our rental at 9, which gives me some time for last-minute packing of stuff before it's time to really start working for the day.

Supposedly our phone (and DSL) will be switched before 5pm tomorrow, but even if it is I doubt we'll find out - I haven't yet dropped a line from the phone box outside to our new server room and phone patch panel. That will definitely happen by Monday, though, as I have to work again (sadly).

I'm really tired, and going to shower and then go to sleep.

The picture at the top, as always, is from explodingdog.com

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Good Luck with the move and welcome to the joys of home ownership! :) And soon the joys of parenthood! What a big year for ya'll!!

posted at 6:10 AM

 
Blogger oldblogger said...

How exciting. Can't wait to see more pics.

I've been tearing out some wallpaper too over the last couple of weeks and it sucks.

posted at 6:55 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Ha! We haven't had phone all morning, but still have DSL. Just having my coffee, and D is about to take me to get the truck. Wish us luck!

posted at 8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!

posted at 8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the BIG Move! Remember to lift with the legs.

posted at 9:01 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Right now I'm sitting in the server closet, happy to announce that our Internets are working (and I done did it all by myself, wiring from the telco box outside, punching down the connection, hooking up the DSL filter, etc.

BUT, Dana is lifting things right now so no dilly-dallying for me. I'll get some pictures later (later in the week, probably), but we're adjusting to our construction zone and it looks like I'll be setting up my office in the garage. Blech. It's an adventure!

I'll check in later.

posted at 5:09 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

The office is all set up in the garage. I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the drywall guys when they come in later today.

AND - they sent a guy in on Saturday. How awesome is that?

Updates later.

posted at 8:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should keep the garage door open, get some fresh air and freak out the neighbors!

posted at 8:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll now have to wear "clothes" while telecommuting to work?

I second the Garage Door UP as well.

posted at 2:10 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

The garage door *is* up, I have already gotten very strange looks from the neighbors, and though I can't listen to music at my desk today, the drywall guys are serenading me which is really sweet. They showed up at 7am today. Boo-ya, drywall guys.

Post forthcoming.

posted at 8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home