Floor prep and satellite guy...
Well, the DirecTV folks were scheduled to show up between 8 and 12 today, and lo and behold, at 7:45 the guy pulls in (well, pulls up to the curb, then he just waited until a couple minutes before 8:00). I expect everything will work perfectly as he showed up wearing a Cubs hat.

I helped him run a couple wires into the server room (so he didn't have to worry about falling on all my stuff in there) and unpiled-on the sat boxes so he could test them once he's done (he's still running the outside wires, but should be in soon, I 'spect). After he gets it working, I'll disconnect everything and clean up the floor. AGAIN.

Last night I trimmed in all the paint on the walls (it just didn't happen at lunch) and then D and I made fajitas. After which, I went downstairs to clean up. I started by pulling off all the painters tape we had used, which worked fine until I got to some of the stuff the drywall guys had put up, and when I pulled it off got parts of the walls and my beautiful paint job with it. Oh well, that's what touch-ups are for, I guess. Dammit.

After that minor fiasco, I vacuumed (to get any stray crap off the floor). In doing so, I noticed that one of the bolts (fused in the concrete) that was used to attach the old wet bar was still sticking up a little, so I ground that down quickly and proceeded to mop mop mop. By the time I was finished, it was quarter to 11. Damn, this stuff takes a long time.

So, after the DirecTV guy and I tread crap back and forth all morning, I'll have to clean AGAIN (as I was saying) before I can start on the floors. And like I said, the intention is to have the time-lapse up and running for this job. Hopefully I'll start today!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Probably between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the floor is down. I'm exhausted, and my back is killing me. I did take a video, but accidentally unplugged the camera after a while when quickly closing the door, to prevent the wind blowing in a shitload of sawdust.

I'll probably put the movie together tomorrow. Most of the office is done, and most of the long hallway as well.

posted at 6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't overdo it! Though, I suppose not working out of the garage would be nice...

I'd like to work in the garage all day myself! Just not on computers! ;)

posted at 10:26 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

I haven't updated lately basically just due to the lack of comments (and, well, because I've been working on the floors in my spare time). But yesterday we had time to go see the new Harry Potter. Basically, I have about four rows of flooring left to do.
I'll have pics up this weekend.

posted at 8:03 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

You are busy! I am sure the house will look awesome when you are done. You are quite the handyman!

posted at 6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home