Maternity Clothes!!!
So I was getting ready to go to work today, pull my favorite pants out of the closet, which I just wore to work about 2 weeks ago, and there is no chance in hell of me getting into these things, even with the rubber band trick.

I have finally accepted the fact that I need maternity clothes.

When Mark and I were back in Chicago, we did do a little maternity shopping with Ann, so I do at least have one pair of (ridiculously expensive) pants that has been patiently waiting for me to accept the inevitable. I paired it with a shirt I had also gotten that day, and thus was more comfortable at work than I have been in at least the past two months.

Thank God for these pants, as I will also be sporting them again tomorrow, and then I can get by with my jeans for the rest of the week (we're a bit more casual in Craig, and then it'll be Friday). But it looks like we'll need to be doing some shopping when we get to the Big City (AKA Fargo) in two weeks. Old Navy, here I come.

We have our next OB appointment on Wednesday, so we'll have the full ultrasound then to look at everything, but no, we're still not finding out if baby is a boy or girl. I would say I've gained about 10 pounds, but we'll verify that at the appointment. I'm 20 weeks today (YEA!! HALFWAY!!) and from here on out, am supposed to gain a pound a week. Holy crap.

Oh--and no wonder my pants no longer fit. The kid is about 10 inches from head to foot (man, just felt that foot again and again and again), weighs about 10 ounces, and my uterus is up to my belly button. This is so wild.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's something I didn't expect to see in the same sentence...Big City AKA Fargo.

posted at 6:49 PM

 
Blogger JK said...

I bought all my maternity pants at Old Navy, they fit the best. At the Gap their maternity jeans were $60 which I just thought was insane. Check OldNavy.com, they have more stuff there than at the stores.

I also recommend buying a pair of pants one size larger than what you wore pre-pregnancy. This is for a month or so after you give birth, because by that time you will not want to wear your maternity pants ever again!

posted at 8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pants are getting a bit tight as well.. I wonder if I'm pregnant...

posted at 11:38 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Target has some good stuff too. Not too expensive and cute...well as maternity clothes go. Just remember, it is only temporary and the reward at the end is oh so sweet! So wear those expandable pants proudly :)

posted at 10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home