Optimal Prime

Starting the morning of the 4th (I skipped the parade), continuing yesterday and culminating today after work, I have primed the basement.

On the chopping block today: clear the floor, and grind away all the nastiness, getting it ready to put the wood floors down. Wes is also going to help me vent the dryer to the outside (it's not currently set up that way) so the downstairs doesn't turn into a sauna when the dryer is running (as it currently does).

I will paint tomorrow.

Then Sunday: floors!

I plan to set up the time-lapse again for the floor installation. I expect it will take a long time, and probably won't be completed by the end of the weekend - but I intend to do the office first and work my way out from there, so that I can get my office set up IN the office on Sunday night. Floors should be done down there by Tuesday, which means then we can start moving stuff in from the garage! Finally!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

OK, so grinding all the crap off the floor is taking WAY longer than anticipated. Painting won't begin until tomorrow, Sunday (unfortunately). Maybe no office until later in the week. :(

posted at 4:49 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Finished grinding a little before 1pm today. We headed out for lunch, came back, and then I swept up, vacuumed, and mopped.

It's about ten to seven and I just finished painting (and cutting in) the ceiling. I'll probably roll the walls today and cut those in tomorrow during a long lunch, and hopefully we can start on the floor tomorrow afternoon (depending on the availability of others).

Oh, also: I'm tired.

posted at 6:42 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

I worked through the tired and rolled all the walls (with the exception of the wall where the TV will be - between the columns with all the wires sticking out - I'm going to just give that another coat of the tinted primer). The contrast looks nice..

Tired again, but not quite ready for bed yet. And I really need a shower.

posted at 10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home