Pele
I think I'm going to start calling this kid inside me Pele, because every now and then, and with greater and greater frequency, I just feel a big ol' bicycle kick for a GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAL. Mark even felt a really big kick for the first time last night--I think it kind of surprised him. And today I've just been getting more and more of these kicks.

It's pretty cool.

I have today off from work, which feels awesome because I needed a bit of a break. I was on call all weekend, and granted, it really wasn't a bad weekend as far as work goes, but I just need a little break. That's one thing that's just so great about working with this group here--you really work yer arse off when you're on, but you do get some sweet time off. I'm on call for the Fourth, but then after that will get a good 6 days to do whatever. I'm sorely behind on my journal reading for work, so I'm hoping to get a little catch-up in. That's right, suckers, I'm studying on vacation. Bite me.

The house is a disaster. At least we are now 100% officially moved in and no longer renters, but easily 75% of our entire belongings are piled in the garage. We think the drywall guys are done, since they haven't been around for a number of days now and the walls sure look done, but they left some stuff here, so who really knows. I need to start cleaning the laundry room out so I can fire up the machines (they are currently covered in plastic sheeting that is covered in drywall dust). Good times.

Mark and I have been on a movie-going rampage lately. Maybe just stocking up as the last-minute-let's-go-to-a-movie days will soon be coming to an end. Go see Waitress--one of the best I've seen this year, great writing, great acting, good story, and Keri Russell is hot. Pirates was meh. Die Hard 4 was better than I thought it would be and worth a movie price. 1408 was great for a matinee price. Knocked Up was a bit too built up for me, but still a funny movie and definitely struck a bit close to home (although Mark is way better looking than Seth Rogen--and doesn't smell like pot!) Ocean's Thirteen was OK, with some good eye candy as always (mmm, Elliot Gould). SpiderMan 3--good, but the first one was the best. 28 Weeks Later--again, good, but the first one was the best.

Damn, we have been going to movies a lot.

And congrats to Missy and DJ on their second baby girl, Elizabeth Ann. Woo-hoo! Her kids are totally going to be throwing my kids down the mountain--if they can catch them!

And Go Cubs Go! So very exciting to see them above .500 again. And how about Ramirez and his walk-off against the Brewers? Awesome! Who is this team?

Laundry time. I need to start moving around so Pele will calm down a bit. GOOOOAAAALLL!

3 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

I haven't read this yet, but I think we should call the kid "Becks".

posted at 2:50 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

You sure those aren't punches? Maybe you got a boxer in there. I can see the ring name already (stolen from Wendy's) Juanita "The Baconator" Fitzgerald!!!

posted at 6:13 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Good to get those movies in now...taking an infant to the theater is a no go :)

I can totally relate. We have all our crap piled up in the two front rooms for now while we are painting.

Living at my moms cuz the baby can't be with the fumes. Dude I can't ever find my shoes. Or anything else for that matter.

posted at 6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home