Um, yeah.
Sometimes I really wonder what this kid is going to look like. Mark IS a very hairy man.

It's so strange to be able to feel this kid moving around in me very frequently throughout the day. Happens all the time now, although whenever he's (July is a "he" month, August we'll be back to a "she" month) really kicking the same spot over and over, I'll have Mark try putting his hand there and without fail, the kid stops moving. Not even born yet and he knows exactly how to drive his parents crazy.

I've decided that making a pregnant lady share a double bed with her husband qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. Mark's done an absolutely beautiful job with the den and the office--we even watched the Daily Show for the first time in about a month down there last night, albeit sans TiVo (commercials are so pedestrian). But he needs a few days off before tackling the upstairs, which includes the master bedroom.

Worst thing about being pregnant is this monster guilt that overtakes you when you realize you are doing one of the forbidden things. And let me tell you, abstaining from drinking is a cake walk compared to some of this other stuff. A quick run down--no sleeping on your back (my ever expanding uterus compresses the inferior vena cava, one of the main veins returning blood flow back to the heart = bad for baby). No eating lunch meat--only recently heard about this one, which has to do with ingesting a bacteria called Listeria which can make me miscarry. All lunch meat needs to be thoroughly heated. No sushi--raw fish = badness, although Mark and I did go out for sushi a few weeks ago and just ate veggie rolls and fully cooked rolls. It's like near-beer--close, but still wasn't the same. No lifting heavy things--can't say I mind this one too much. No high-impact exercise. Now that it's been months since I've gone running, I'm really starting to miss it. I was looking at a marathon website not too long ago, and just got this nasty urge to go out for a few miles. I am, though, already signed up for the Half-Marathon in town next year June, as I was signed up for this year, but applied for their Pregnancy Deferment.

Anyway, those are my recent thoughts on pregnancy. OH--and congrats to Dave and Keri!!! Dave called us last weekend, but neither myself nor Mark could understand what he was saying in his message other than "And it's Steve's birthday!" so we just figured it was a drunk dial. Ooops. But Mark made sure to send them a nice present to say congratulations.

OK, enough procrastination. Time to get the day going.

4 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

"No lifting heavy things"

Can't say I'm with her on "not minding" this one. It made moving more difficult (I predicted this would happen about a year ago), and it's making moving into the (nearly) completed office and den more of a pain than it should be.

BUT, I'm not complaining. OK, maybe I am complaining, a little. TS.

posted at 10:24 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, the no sleeping on your back was tough! And not being able to sleep on your stomach either. Lauren would always stop kicking as soon as Brad put his hand on my stomach, too. Feeling the movement was such a cool thing, though@

posted at 2:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic is hosted in the Czech Republic! ;)

I'm not sure I sleep on my back often enough that it would bother me. Though I have been told that is when I snore - so it would probably be a good thing for me...

Glad to hear things are going well!

posted at 5:38 PM

 
Blogger JK said...

The not sleeping on your back was a big deal for me also. Hopefully you are sleeping well, I slept like crap pretty much the whole 9 months, and also had some crazy dreams. Are you having any cravings? Any food adversions? Hormones are fun!!

posted at 6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home