Plans and update

So, this morning before work I went to go rent the floor nailer again. Hopefully, I can get a lot done before the rental place closes at noon tomorrow. If not, I'll be keeping it through Tuesday morning (at $35/day). Hopefully I can finish everything but the stairs (not likely, to be honest, given the limited time) and we can commence living in our house - we'll see. Installing the flooring on the stairs will be kind of tricky (and time-consuming), and I'm not even counting the bannister we have yet to install. We'll see how it goes.

Otherwise, D had a tough work week (she doesn't work until this afternoon, so she's still in bed right now), the new car is great, and I painted the dining room. All that's really left to paint is the hallway/living room/one entry wall, and I'm done, but that's waiting until the floors are in at this point (my tarp is pinned down with flooring stuff). Then, it's finish work - trim, a couple doors, etc. And, of course, the nursery. And the laundry room. And the 1/2 bath. Getting the garage organized, buying furniture, rugs, etc. OK, so there's still a lot to do. But all we're really focused on at this point is getting in our bedroom, and back in our bed.

Yesterday I got the bedroom floor all prepped and ready to go (pulled out remaining staples from the carpet, some nails that were left behind, and scraped up a buttload of joint compound). My goal for the day is to finish the bedroom. Basically, I have a row and a half in the hallway before I get to the bedroom, and then I'm in. We'll see how it goes. If I can finish the hallway today as well, then we're in good shape for me to finish the dining room (the only other major room to do) before noon tomorrow (assuming I wake up nice and early). I also have our bedroom closet and two hall closets to floor (the bedroom closet being about 3x the size of the others put together), but that's it (and, of course, the stairs).

There's a "cruiser bike" ride tomorrow (my fixie would be my cruiser) that is basically a pub crawl, but we'll have to see how the flooring goes before we see if I'm up for that. If I can get everything I want to done by noon, then I guess I'm in. Otherwise, I don't think so.

So, on that note, back to work for me! Later!

(Oh, and once I finish the floors, I promise pictures.)

4 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

UPDATE: It looks like I might get halfway through the bedroom today - maybe 2/3rds of the way done. I guess that means I'll go pick up the wood I need for the staircase tomorrow morning (lumber places are only open until noon on Saturday here, closed Sunday and certainly not open Labor Day), and will probably hold on to the nailer for the duration of the weekend - maybe I'll be COMPLETELY finished by Tuesday. God, I hope so.

Either way, we'll definitely be sleeping in our bed tomorrow night, unless something horrible has happened to the mattress over the last two months..

posted at 4:41 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

UPDATE 2:I got about 3/4ths of the way through the bedroom today - about 150 ft^2 in 6 hours. Doesn't sound like much, but the bedroom should only take about another 2 hours tomorrow. Then I'll do the master closet and finish the hallway, probably, then call it a day. Sunday will be the dining room (Again: probably), and hopefully Monday the stairs and entry. Then, finito!

posted at 6:30 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like you guys are moving along. I imagine it will be great to be back in your bed...especially for Dana. Disturbed sleep patterns, reason number 47 pregnancy is uncomfortable.

posted at 11:14 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

We slept in our bed last night! Awesome. And the room is looking great (due entirely to the floors). Today: finish the hallway and hall closets (which will be complicated). Tomorrow I'll attack the dining room. Eventually, the stairs will happen. Eventually..

posted at 10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home