Work, House, Baby
Sorry, no picture (man, have my posts been getting lazy like that or what?). Anyway.

Work has been a little insane this week. Monday, the hard drive failed in my IBM laptop (not to be confused with my ABN laptop), so I had to send away for a replacement. No problem, right? We got two boxes yesterday marked "IBM Hot Parts" (which I think sounds dirty), popped the new HDD in, put in the bootable disk, and all was well until I tried to install a new XP image on the drive. Long story short, I need to connect to the IBM network to install the operating system (LAME!), and I can't connect. Flipping wonderful, no? So, I'm waiting on some more disks, that I'm certain will not solve my problem. Sigh. I'll probably have to send in the whole machine. How lame is that?

Then Tuesday we had a hard drive fail on one of our servers, and we've had application problems all week as well. Gross.

As for the house, it's time to start ramping up again, and getting paint on the walls and floors installed upstairs (before our first houseguests, the Hutches, get here in a week). We should be mostly done by the time they get here. Then after they arrive, the next steps will be painting and installing our new doors, buying and installing trim (everywhere), and attacking the nursery. Hopefully, this time around the flooring won't be quite as testing as I'll have a helper and don't need to futz with glue. I still expect to be miserably sore afterwards, however. Today/tonight is prep work, I'll probably rent the flooring nailer Saturday.

As for the baby, D and I are discussing our options as far as child rearing go, but we decided to table the conversation until we have floors and are in our proper bedroom.

Phone call. Gotta run!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sucks about the drives (both of em)

Lots of work ahead, ehh?

posted at 2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home