Oh, yeah. I forgot. (See what I'm talking about)
From New Master Closet
I forgot to include you all in on this - though Pablo and Shaffer found the pictures themselves, I realized that some of you have lives outside my own and probably don't often check the pics we add at picasaweb.

Anyway, last Monday Dana got the final part of her birthday present - a surprise closet. We were going to use the proceeds from our sale of the CR-V to get a fancy new TV, but responsibility can sometimes be overwhelming and I decided instead to blow a load of money on a closet. Turn 30 and it makes you boring, I guess. But the closet is awesome. It's like 2 and a half times the size our closet would have been if we hadn't expanded it, so that's a big bonus. AND we have (a little) room to spare. yay.

This weekend, D took off with the girls to a cabin in Wyoming, so instead of working on the house I too opted to have a relaxing weekend, so I ordered a pizza (Chicago-style!) and a couple movies and sat on my butt. But I did do a little work - I ran a wire for and installed our 2-in-1 speaker in the master bathroom (so D can listen to music while she scrubs her expanding belly), and got our doorbell working. (and they both sound great, I might add). And I moved our freebie chest freezer into the garage as step 1 in its planned transformation into a beer fridge/homebrew kegerator. I'll have to get some pics of the garage eventually - I spent a whole day cleaning and organizing it last weekend and have to show it off to someone!

Also: as a result of my weekend of gastronomical debauchery (and at least partially to one of the movies I watched, in a sick way), I have decided it is once again time to lose some freaking weight and get in shape. I've been really bad all summer (home improvement takes a lot out of a guy, you know) and it's time to stop the nonsense. I'm trying out this website to help me along as well. Exercise will be a big part of the deal, but I'm also going to focus on my diet as well, since that's what usually fails me. Included in this will be a booze limitation as well, but I haven't figured that out yet. Mostly will be counting calories (which booze has lots of, natch), so as long as I don't eat I can still drink plenty. :) (just kidding!) Anyway, decided to post about it because I know I'm more likely to follow through after making some kind of public announcement.

Also also: Congrats to Scott who just secured a competitive fellowship in Marseilles (yes, the one in France, and yes, spellcheck nailed me on that). I think they just gave it to him because he has the word "ennui" in his domain name.

5 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Scott - remind me to get you a beret as a going-away present.

posted at 1:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you suggesting that Schaffer and I don't have lives outside of yours!?

;)

They are called RSS feeds people - get with the program!

posted at 6:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, I have some sort of life. Google just e-mailed me to tell me you updated. :-p

I put in a beer fridge for homebrew a couple of months ago. A two tap system. You will have trouble with your diet if you put it in. Maybe I'll actually put up some sort of blog post about it.

posted at 7:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard about fitday, so I just signed up for it. Not so much to lose weight, but because I never eat as healthy as I want to. My good intentions add up to squat when it comes down to making food choices, so maybe tracking this can help. Good luck!

posted at 10:24 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

The closet looks AWESOME! i wish we had our closet like that...

posted at 7:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home