31 Weeks
So we had another of our prenatal classes last night, and decided that one guy in our class looks like Chainsaw from the movie Summer School. Since Mark was the one who really was adamant about this, and I really only remembered Mark Harmon and Kristie Alley from that movie, here is a picture for your enjoyment.

Last night's class was a little weird. They gave us a handout on a bunch of different "laboring positions" and had us practice some of them, which basically came down to the move which looks like a junior high slow dance, and me sitting on chair while Mark rubbed my back. Throw in a little hair band rock ballad and the mood would be set. I brought up Poison, Mark suggested Nine Inch Nails. Our poor child.

Then we proceed to watch a very scary movie that showed a bunch of different women freaking out while in labor. My main impressions from watching this video:
1. More sure than EVER that I want an epidural
2. Why someone would ever want to be filmed while in labor is beyond me.
3. I don't think I will be a noisy person during this process.
4. Many women make sounds like farm animals during contractions.

We also got a nice short book about breast feeding which I've been reading a bit today, and also took a tour of the OB floor, which I found as amusing as the nurses who were working and saw me come through there. It's very interesting to be on the other side of everything.

The prenatal classes have been very good at giving me a better idea about what to expect from labor--all the practical stuff that wasn't taught during my OB rotation in med school. We only have two classes left, which is kinda nice because a 2 hour class does get long towards the end of it.

Looks like things have set up well for my baby shower in a couple weeks. I'm excited because both my mom and Mark's mom and sister are flying in for it. It's also going to be at one of our favorite restaurants in town, made easier because we know the owner and our friend Gina used to work there. Registering for stuff has been a bit crazy though--who knew there were a bazillion different kid things out there? I think we're finally set on that though, which is nice. When Mark and I registered for wedding stuff, to be honest, he picked out most of it while I just sort of agreed. It's been reversed this time around as Mark's been busy with Other Things to Be Described Later. However, Lauren found the best website ever, and I promised Mark that if we do end up having a boy, we'll buy these. So classy.

Mark and I walked a TON today--going to get the mail (which is usually a 30 minute walk from our house to the post office and back) then looking at some furniture downtown, and then back home. I crashed afterwards, and am just trying to wake myself back up again. I'm going to try a different place in town tonight that has prenatal yoga. I was taking a class at the hospital, but it was canceled due to low enrollment. I've heard good things about this other class, so we'll see how it goes. My low back is starting to loudly protest my protuberant belly (with a 3 1/2 pound baby inside) so hopefully yoga will help. Later kids.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Mark finally figure out a way to get pregnant too??

Sounds like things are progressing well! Still want to see a pic of you pregnant!!!!

posted at 9:15 AM

 
Blogger JK said...

I love Summer School! It's just doesn't get the respect it deserves.

posted at 12:40 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

How do you not remember Courtney Thorne-Smith and Alotta Fagina from Austin Powers were in that movie. Also, the chick from the Saw movies (I haven't seen them, but I know she's in them).

posted at 8:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alotta Fagina is such a pretty girl's name. Hmmmm.

What do you think, Mark?

posted at 11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home