Day Off
So blogger is crapping out on me right now, and won't let me upload any pictures. But here's what I was going to post. Guess you'll have to wait until next time.

I have today off, which is a godsend as work was really busy the past couple days. There's currently a baby boom in town, which is great for business, but not great for getting home before 7 or 8 at night. Most days it's no big deal, but yesterday I was just completely worn down and it was a struggle to get through the day. Good thing babies are so cute.

33 weeks and 2 days pregnant, about 7 1/2 months for those of you counting at home. We had our baby shower this weekend, which was an absolute blast. Mark's mom and sister came in from Chicago, and my mom came in from Fargo, and it was awesome to be able to show off all the work Mark has done on the house. There's still a lot to do, but actually being able to show people and talk about it made me realize just how dingy this house was before we started the remodel. It's really shaping up.

The baby shower was exactly what I was hoping for--we had it a restaurant in town because we are friends with the owner and our friend Gina used to be a waitress there. It was all decked out in baseball and Cubs decorations, and more than one person commented on how we must be having a boy, but were surprised when I said, no, still don't know, but the kid will certainly be raised a Cubs fan. Although with our location and the current success of the Rockies, I would be OK with he or she cheering for them when the Cubs aren't playing.

So yeah, shower was perfect--lotsa people hanging out drinking and eating, no games were played (I personally hate that about the baby showers I go to--especially if there isn't any beer there), and I think everyone had a good time. We certainly got a bunch of stuff, and Mark and I are now working on filling in the gaps, ordering the final baby gadgets we need (bassinette, baby monitor, diaper bag, etc) because a baby is considered "term" at 37 weeks, which is only 3 1/2 weeks away! Craziness. Kid is moving around all the time, and it's so wild to see my stomach rolling around from the outside. Much to the dismay of Mark's mom, we're still not divulging names, but I got a kick out of Mark telling her if baby's a boy, he will be Al, if a girl, Hillary. Heehee.

So yeah, life is good, work is good, baby is good. It's really turned into baby central around here with all the stuff from the shower and Mark assembling the baby jogger and the little play chair and that sort of thing. It's starting to hit home a lot more, and not surprisingly, making the last few weeks of this pregnancy really tough with all the waiting and preparing. Kid's about 4 1/2 pounds now, I've put on almost 30 pounds, and it's all right in front. Next OB visit is a week from Friday, and I think we start going every two weeks after that. Sweet.

OK, I need to get some errands done today before I can sit on me arse by the fire and read. It's a grey, sleet/snow kinda day today, which is great for doing nothing--

And with Halloween coming up, does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of costume I can make my belly into?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest 57 year old High School janitor...because my 57 year old High School janitor had a beer gut so distended it really did look like he had a basketball under his shirt. You could complete the outfit with a beer stained white shirt and plumbers crack.

posted at 11:39 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Last year I was a pregnant nun and Brad was a priest. It worked out well and it was much easier than when I used a pillow for a pregnant belly!

posted at 7:17 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Go for stereotypical trailer trash pregnant lady. Fake cigarettes, drinking beers, etc.

George / Kuato from Total Recall is what I wanted to be this year. I would be George and Mia would have been Kuato, but Jen said no. Wouldn't have worked anyway since Mia has more hair than Kuato and we can't make her as grotesque as him either.

posted at 7:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay in side profile all night and be the letter B?

posted at 5:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home