Hell Yeah.
So I've understandably been doing a lot of reading lately about birth and pregnancy and babies, and the best piece of information I've come across so far was quite welcome in my uber sober state. Guinness helps increase milk production in breastfeeding women.

Boo-yah.

So now I know which beverage I will be toasting with whence this child is born. Finally--some good news for a pregnant beer drinker.

Let's see--what else has been going on....I was on call last weekend and work was super busy, but nothing too crazy, no flying kids to Denver or anything. I actually was supposed to have today off, but we need a little office coverage for a couple hours this afternoon, which I have no problem doing. Business is good.

We have City Council and School Board elections going on right now, and early voting started this week. I'm working a full day on November 6th, the date of the general election, so I ran over to the courthouse and voted after dragging me arse out of bed for a 7 am meeting at the hospital. Early voting is sweet. No lines, took me about 5 minutes total to cast my ballot. Can't beat that. Here's hoping the voting machines aren't rigged.

Mark tried to get Rockies World Series tickets yesterday, but with the Rockies' system crashing, no luck. We'll try again today, although to be honest, chances are if he does get tickets, he'll just resell them on EBay. Baby needs new carpet in the nursery.

The kid in my belly is doing just fine--I only have about 4-6 weeks left of this pregnancy gig, and we have another OB appointment on Friday. Kid should probably be around 5 pounds by now. Overall, I'm still feeling well, and really can't complain too much about how things are going. Mark's been awesome about everything, from helping my swollen legs to tying my boots (since I can no longer see my feet) to not getting pissed when I wake up a jazillion (OK, 3-4) times a night to pee. I have to say, though, I am excited to have my normal body back. Soon enough.

OK, I didn't sleep so hot last night, and was up early for a meeting, so I'm going to head back to bed for a little while. MMMM. Bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

I have a feeling that Dana's waking up multiple times a night to pee is just her body training her to get up multiple times a night to feed the baby. But instead of just rolling over, I'm probably going to have to trade off with her. Groan. Maybe I'll sabotage the breast pump.

posted at 10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally remember tying Amy's shoes :o) How funny!

posted at 2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home