Long time no blog!
If you can't guess by the picture, I'm blogging this using our new computer (it took me a couple minutes to figure out how to configure the image upload utility I use, but I think I got it now).

Yes, in addition to figuring out how to work a newborn baby any day now, I am also going to have to figure out how to use a fancy new computer. We got the "small" one, and it's still ginormous. Holy cow, this thing is huge. And pretty.

It will take a while for me to get used to - among other things - using a new OS, but it's not so bad so far. And I've already video-chatted with my brother (in France) after about 10 minutes on the machine. Easy-peasy.

I am still getting used to the keyboard, though.

Anyway, D was bugging me earlier about not having blogged in a long time (I told her I'm working now, which should serve as explanation enough), so here I am.

D is more than ready to pop the kid, I think, but I could use another week. Just a week from Friday and I'll be good. Still, a very strange thing to comprehend. Thank God we've been spending time with Scott and Gina over the last six months, as I've been able to see him adjust from day one (not knowing what the F to do) to now (I think he changes diapers from time to time). And, they're leaving for Mexico on Saturday, which gives me hope for our planned trip around the same time in Short Round's life when we head to Cabo for a wedding.

But I need to get more sleep first. And install our stairs (the special glue I ordered hasn't even SHIPPED yet). Lord only knows when the bannister will actually get installed..

Anyway, I was up late cutting up veggies to throw in the crockpot first thing tomorrow morning to make about 12 cups of bolognese (1/4 of which will be used to make lasagna on Friday, the rest of which will probably be frozen). Also on the docket tomorrow is an OB appointment at noon (what began as the strangest thing in the world - me going to the OB's office - has now become routine), followed by a trip to visit the daycare provider. And tomorrow night we're having Wes and Sheila over (I think I'm going to grill and have some fancy sauce and twice-baked potatoes). D has tomorrow and Friday off (not me!) so I'm sure she'll jump on a trampoline or drink castor oil or something to induce labor while I'm away.

Anyway, I know this post was boring but my life is focused on work and cooking shit to throw in the freezer right now, so sad to say but you guys have fallen on the backburner for a little while.

(Oh, swell. Now it seems the image wasn't uploaded after all. Poppycock. Now I have to stay up and fix it) Fixed!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I was figuring you weren't blogging because you were working, but that's no excuse!!

Isn't it so crazy to think that you will be parents soon?? We were in your shoes this exact time last year. So much excitement, anticipation, nervousness! Can't wait to get the news!

posted at 7:55 AM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

Mark, does this mean that when you were with your previous company and you were blogging regularly that you were not working?

posted at 8:50 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Not necessarily. I just don't feel right doing it here. Yet. Plus, I didn't have anyone looking over my shoulder, and I was paying for my own bandwidth.

But with the right tools in place I may change my habits again.

posted at 9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am only able to blog from my laptop and by the time I get home, I'm usually a waste of space. Basically, I understand your pain.

I'm looking forward to hearing the news!

Cap

posted at 3:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm OK with the kid coming whenever, but to be honest, I'm more ready to pop the kid so I'm done being pregnant than anything! I miss getting out of chairs easily, breathing without panting (so hard anyway around Mark), having a flat belly--all very exciting things as well!

posted at 9:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the baby a boy this month? I forget...

An iMac?! Woah... thats a shocker! Interested to see what you think of the OS. Are you going to bootcamp it?
What are you going to use to organize your pics? Or are you still keeping the old machine?

posted at 11:58 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Poppycock. Now there's a good word. :)

How exciting....the baby is coming soon! Can't wait to get the news. Love you guys :)

posted at 1:03 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

No bootcamp yet (apparently it's the weakest of the options out there). We're going to use the mac for iTunes (it's only natural) and the more I think about it, probably pictures as well. But ideally I'd like to get all that stuff on a NAS (with built-in iTunes server).

All the data is still on the PC.

As for the OS... It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm getting the hang of things so far.

posted at 2:32 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

So now you are officially an Apple guy then...sigh. I bet you think you're better than me because I only have 1 PC and it is a Dell. Apple Snobs.

posted at 6:59 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

The whole OS wars thing is lame anyway. I am *so* above that. Don't be hurt, we still have two windows machines (one lives in a closet). Don't think of it as Mac OS, think of it as Linux.

posted at 9:25 AM

 
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

you can finally identify with the Mac guy from the commercials. Hurray. Also Hurray on your other news.

posted at 10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home