So
I just heard back from the home daycare provider we've been in touch with about securing a spot for Short Round. The good news is, she has a spot open for next week. The bad news is, if we want this spot, we need to start paying for it as of, well, next week.

There is a huge daycare shortage in Steamboat, and I know we're lucky to even have a spot, especially at less than half the cost of a nanny, but it's still just kinda annoying. There's this part of me that is SO RELIEVED to have a daycare option, but it really sucks to have to pay two months worth to keep the spot. And since it is a small, private daycare, the chances of another spot opening up before I need to go back to work (mid-January) is slim. But I'm also so excited to not have to look for a nanny, conduct interviews, and go through all of that. Mark and I are going to meet with this daycare provider Thursday or Friday, so we'll see how things go. We got her name from friends of friends who have been really happy with the care she's given their kid, so we should be fine.

In other news, I went to the eye doctor today for the first time in about 3 years, and finally made the switch from hard contacts (which I've been wearing for about 20 years) to soft ones. SO MUCH BETTER!! It's pretty ridiculous, actually, and makes me just kick myself for not having done this sooner. My hard lenses really give me a lot of problems in the dry air at this altitude, and the comfort factor can't be overstated. I have been told by more than one optometrist in the past that since I am so used to the sharper image of hard lenses, I'd have a hard time adjusting to/liking soft contacts, so I've always been wary about making the leap. But a surplus in my HSA account for the year in combo with today's optometrist saying, well, there are better soft lenses out these days, made me go for it. The only downside is that since I've been wearing hard lenses for so long, my eyeball has been a bit flattened out, and therefore as I adjust to soft contacts, my prescription is probably going to change over the next 1-2 months, so I have to go back to the eye doctor every 1-2 weeks for a while until everything pans out. Fine by me. SO MUCH BETTER!

OK, I'm exhausted---at 37 weeks, carrying around this kiddo is just wearing me out. I just can't seem to get my hospital bag packed, though, because I just can't stand the thought of it sitting there for possibly another 3 weeks when I'm ready for this kid to come right now. Therefore, I will procrastinate longer. At least the car seat is installed and the bassinet is ready, though, so we're all set for baby to come HOME at least!

Naptime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home