Babies Are Us
Thanks to Keri and Dave for all the awesome baby Cubs gear! She loves this little blanket, and in a couple months the clothes will fit just right.

So I have been much more rested in the past week as my mom came in to help out around the house. Which means I get to sleep in until 9 or 10 after a 6 or 7 am feeding, and sometimes get a nap in the afternoon as well, which is fantastic. I'm still pretty wiped out as I haven't had a night in a long time where I actually slept through it, but things are just so much better! My mom leaves on Sunday, but Mark's family gets here Saturday, so help will still be plentiful.

Caroline is getting so big! This picture was taken about 2 weeks ago, and I swear her head alone is tons bigger. And she's getting so long now--I can hardly believe how much bigger she's gotten in just 5 weeks. She's sleeping much better at night--usually 4 hours during the first stretch and 3 for the second. But once daylight hits, she's not big into going back to sleep. We've moved her from the bassinet in our bedroom to the crib in her room (with a little sleep positioner) because she was making so many squawks and squeaks that it was just getting too hard to sleep. She does have some reflux, which sucks because she'll be sleeping soundly after a feeding, I'll put her down, and then she'll wake up spitting up and coughing. Gross. Hopefully that won't last too long.

My mom gave us a great Christmas present and watched Caroline that afternoon so Mark and I could go out on the mountain for a few runs. It was very strange being away from Caroline that long-guess I have to get used to it, but still. My new snowboard boots and bindings that Mark got me for Christmas are fantastic, so much better than my old ones, with much better control. I think Mark is next for new bindings, though--his are getting pretty old too. Last night we left Caroline with my mom again for a Christmas dinner/annual business meeting with my partners. Looks like my first day back to work is January 8th, when Caroline is 7 weeks old. It's a little daunting putting her in daycare that early, but it is a small daycare and that makes me feel a little better about it. We're still playing the lottery in the hopes that Mark can quit his job. the perks for working for the mountain are nice, but it would be even nicer if he could stay home with Caroline. Hopefully in the next couple years.

OK, I need to feed the baby and then we're taking a little field trip to go get me new glasses. I have some left over health savings account money that needs to be used up before January 1st. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!

5 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

Mia is like that, makes a lot of noise when she sleeps...not that I heard it, once I fall asleep I am out like a light.

Don't forget to claim that daycare expense on your taxes for 2008.

Why would you try to make her a fan of a perennial underachiever like the Cubbies? She should be a Reds fan.

posted at 6:58 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

D's work (and mine) allow for pre-tax deduction of daycare expenses (and then reimbursement), so we're covered as far as that goes (well, up to the max per year anyway, which is I think $5k).

As far as our underachiever Cubs? Spoken like someone who has only ever been to Riverfront Stadium (or the GREAT AMERICAN BALLPARK!). Or to wherever the stupid Indians play "baseball". ("Baseball" in quotes because I don't count the AL as real baseball).

The Reds had a great showing in the playoffs this yea.. oh, wait. Yeah, no they really blew this year, didn't they? (of course, we were swept by the freaking Diamondbacks, but at least we MADE the playoffs!)

posted at 9:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fight you show in defending our Cubbies! The force will be strong in Caroline.

...AL not real baseball....I love it. "We're too stupid to not play with the DH...boo hoo.", (says the AL fans)

posted at 10:13 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

If the Reds had the cubs budget, they would be a lot better off.

Question, when was the last time the Cubs won the World Series?

When they fail to win it next year it will be an entire century's worth of failures. I'll be rooting against them all year.

posted at 11:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you hurt Caroline so much with your words??? (although the century of failure does make me question raising any child as a Cubs fan)...

posted at 9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home